A Tale of Destruction and Friendship

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Tale of Destruction and Friendship

Post by D.L. Yomegami on 17/8/2016, 8:31 pm

Hikaru's Refuge - Outside

Hikaru frowned and nodded in response to Alice to acknowledge her advice, before turning to the group as a whole.

"Thank you for being willing to hear me out, despite the circumstances," she said with another bow, this one much less elaborate than her first, "Now then, if you'd like to come with me the tea's waiting for you up at my house. If you'd rather stay out here, then I'll be back with it shortly."

At that, she turned and headed back up to her house. If a significant amount of the others chose to follow her, she'd start on her explanation on her way up.

"So, I presume you've all seen the black spot?" she would ask, "Or perhaps speck, or as much as I hope it isn't the case a swirling black storm?"

Sophie remained silent as Hikaru and the others spoke. She herself was willing to help Hikaru with whatever it was, considering she was here now and there didn't seem to be any way of getting back home easily if she turned her down anyway. Then again, she was also the same person who willingly went with Samantha after she'd pretty much decided to fight her out of nowhere. Maybe she wasn't the best person to be asking about this whole situation.

The others seemed a little more wary of her, or at least Raquel and the robot jellyfish hat girl did. The girl with the little ghostly companion seemed more interested in talking with everyone except Hikaru. Fate and the elf seemed to feel the same way she herself did, as did the youngest girl although she hadn't said it to Hikaru directly. Aurum not only was willing, but also felt the need to be really formal.

Then there was Sabitsuki, who seemed to be pretty exasperated, though all Sophie could tell was that it was just about the situation in general without resorting to a soul read. In any event, she approached the other girl and gave her a concerned expression. She didn't get too close, given how Sabitsuki had reacted to Fate earlier, nor did she say anything as she was still trying to listen to the others. However, she'd stay back herself should the others follow Hikaru inside. Maybe it was just because Sabitsuki showed she was concerned about her earlier, but now she felt the need to repay the favor somehow.

Hikaru's House - Kitchen

The spiders in the kitchen would see it was a fairly large room. Actually, it was more apt to call it the kitchen and the dining room combined. Compared to the entry hall it was only sparsely decorated, but it was a nice-looking room all the same. Hikaru had done a good job at keeping it as clean and as neat as possible.

The walls were white, and the floor was made of dark hardwood. There was one window at the end of the room that was at the front of the house, with two more on the perpendicular wall. Beneath the latter two windows was a counter with a double basin sink, which was currently empty of dishes. Boxes containing a variety of tea, along with a sugar bowl, sat on the counter to the left of the sink, and to the left of those was an electric stove and oven, on top of which sat a black kettle. To the right of the sink was a dishwasher, which given it was closed it was not obvious whether it was full or not. Above the counter were a few cupboards, with various dishes in them. Underneath the counter was another pair of drawers and another cupboard, which was presumably where the silverware and pots and pans were kept.

In the center of the room, with enough space between it and the kitchen appliances to allow whoever was cooking to work, there was an oval-shaped table. It was large enough to seat at least ten people, made of dark wood, and covered with a dark green tablecloth. Ten chairs made of the same wood were placed evenly around the table, and every seat was already set with a small plate.
D.L. Yomegami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kkutwar on 17/8/2016, 10:06 pm

Nodding in understanding towards Sakura and giving a lightly confused look of curiosity towards Kero, a look of sympathy & sadness graces her face when the young girl commented on the Fair Folk. Still, Alice ultimately responds to Sakura's inquiry. "Never be under the illusion what other people need will go smoothly for you... Nonetheless, there's no escaping so we might as well humor her."

Turning towards Fate and listening to her, a look of light surprise crosses Alice's face when the other blonde mentioned being an experiment herself. Bringing her right fist to her lips, Alice lets her arm dangle before replying. "In my experience it has been pretty obvious to tell if someone was an experiment- Though granted most of them are also socially inexperienced..."

Straightening her back and focusing her gaze on Blaire, Alice continues a touch more softly. "Gifts predate Magic actually- In general they're these randomly occurring soul 'add-ons' that a person can be born with. The Gift of Creation is actually one of the rarest and most powerful ones, letting the wielder well... Create anything they want. On the other hand, its pretty common to end up with a nigh-useless Gift, like Dream Attraction. As for me however..."

Bringing her right hand to hold over her heart, Alice closes her eyes as she speaks once more. "I'm technically not a Gifted myself- Instead my grandmother is, and I inherited a 'Gift Gene'. However, without sufficient exposure to magical energy my variant of her power never would of awoken. Cue violent superpower origin slash soul birth."

Taking a few minutes to mold things over, Alice turns to see the strange robot(?) girl speaking to her. Gaze flickering between her and Fate, Alice folds her hands behind her neck before answering. "Long story short they're the creators and moderators of Magic itself- In fact they moderate all 'fantastical' things back home, so they're a very divisive group. So while technically everyone has the capacity for magic, even unconventional definitions of alive, normal humanity is kept from it- The Servants don't trust making it public knowledge. However I would hardly say its uncommon knowledge..."

Turning her head towards Fate though keeping both in her sight, Alice's friendly informative tone resumes. "There's a vast community of all things 'fantastic'- The Vitality Underground, where anything is possible. If you know where to look it isn't hard to find them in every human settlement- Yet the more powerful beings and mages quickly find themselves being recruited by either The Servants or Eldon, but some elusive types exist. The two have been warring for thousands of years, to either enforce the masquerade for the Servants- Or destroy it for Eldon. Both have their points and flaws though..."

Looking from Hikaru to Blaire, Alice calls out to her ghostly companion "Alright, we might as well follow her for now- Stick close okay sweetie? You can play with Kero later- Maybe Sakura will let you play with some of his friends as well?" The little ghostly girl reluctantly looking from Alice, Hikaru, Sakura and Kero she softly sighs. Looking down at Kero, the little girl speaks up.

"I gotta go now Mister Kero- Don't forget how awesome my petting is okay?" Letting go of Kero the little ghostly girl drifts over to Alice, clinging to her from behind as both slowly but reasonably follow after Hikaru.
Kkutwar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesShields01 on 18/8/2016, 1:34 am

Hikaru's Refuge - Outside -> House

Though she still seemed relunctant with it, at least Alice did somewhat agree to go along with listening to Hikaru.

After their host of sorts thanked most of them for being willing to hear out and invited them to come inside the house, Sakura softly spoke, "It's not a problem. I hope we can help with what is troubling you this much."  

Alice then made to follow Hikaru, calling Blaire to stay close to her. Then the little ghostly girl spoke for the first time while they were here.

Looking rather surprisedly, before Blaire went off, Kero said, "I don't think that is gonna be a problem, kid."

Then as the pair went off, he turned to his mistress and commented, "Well, that sure was quite something."

Sakura watched as they went off and then said, "It sure was. Well, we should be going as well."

A little behind Alice and Blaire but at a slightly faster pace, Sakura followed after Hikaru as well, with Kero flying at a similar pace besides.  

After Hikaru expressed her appreciation for them being willing to hear her out and invited them in, Lumina performed a bow back at her, though much more awkwardly than the other girl had done it, then saying, "R-Really, it's no issue at all. I-I'll be glad to help if I-I can ... "

Still not quite feeling up to being around so many others, specially in such a situation, even with being somewhat now cleared up, Lumina went slowly after Hikaru, keeping a bit of distance between herself and the girls in front of her.

After seeing Alice's surprised look, Fate turned a bit pensieve as she said, "Well, until a few years ago, I suppose socially inexperiencied wouldn't have been an inaccurate description for me at the time ... "

She then listened carefully as the other blond girl explained to both her and Wo the nature of her world. She still had many questions, but felt that now was probably not the best moment to field them, so she simply said, "I see. Perhaps if we get the chance to afterwards, we could further this discussion later. That does all sound very intriguing."

After Hikaru said her piece about being thankful that they would at least hear her out and suggested that they should come in, Fate quickly went after their host, her pace confident yet cautious. With her natural agility, she easily catch up with ones at the front of their party of sorts and remained close to them.
JamesShields01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeisTheAlcano on 18/8/2016, 10:35 pm

Hikaru's Refuge - The House

Hikaru thanked everyone for being willing to hear her out and went inside to prepare the tea. Raquel followed her inside but she still wasn't going to help just because. Maybe if there were some sort of reward involved, though. It's not like Hikaru couldn't spare a few hundred bucks.

"Sure. As long as I only have to listen. And drink some of that tea"

Raquel followed Hikaru inside her house to get some of that tea. Speaking of, her spiders continued investigating the kitchen and may have knocked a few things on the floor. The arachnids were clumsier than usual because Raquel herself was so distracted by how different things were on Hikaru's kitchen. There was a strange metallic box with a window for a door that had a kettle on top, plus some kind of wash basin built into the kitchen. There was also a metallic box near them, probably some sort of safe but this one was shinier than usual.

And there there was the tea. It came in boxes and Raquel wasn't quite sure what exactly it was except for the basics: Some sort of really expensive drink without alcohol. She decided not to steal some right now and all the spiders when to claim one of the chairs for their master.

Last edited by DeisTheAlcano on 19/8/2016, 1:56 am; edited 2 times in total
DeisTheAlcano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by V_Phantom on 18/8/2016, 11:01 pm

V_Phantom says: LOST POST! Sorry folks, I screwed up. Shocked

Last edited by V_Phantom on 16/9/2016, 12:44 pm; edited 6 times in total

V_Phantom
Admin

View user profile http://zero-collapse.foroa.org

Back to top Go down

I can't make the colors work on mobile so have a black n' white post

Post by wikkit on 18/8/2016, 11:12 pm

"Oh, okay. Thank you for the clarification," I said, nodding in Alice's direction.  She didn't answer in the way I expected, but I still had a very sneaking suspicion that something was up.  All the evidence was pointing in a certain direction, and as hard as it was to believe it only made more sense as I thought about it.

These were all humans I was talking to!

The odd shades of skin.  The lack of any metal. The odd stares they were all giving me, the abscence of any helpers, armatures or drones!  All of this was so hard to believe, but with the constant references to things I had never heard of, my mind began to drift towards accepting this as fact.  To top it all off, these weren't just normal garden variety humans,  these were real-life magical girls!  The very sources of inspiration that I had moulded my life around, and they were all standing before me.  I managed to keep cool in this situation, holding back the urge to ask a million questions about their lives, but now I was interested.  I eagerly followed the group now, a spring in my step, because if push came to shove I'd get the opportunity to fight alongside them!

Sophie came to my side, and I tried to give her a smile of assurance...but found that I honestly couldn't.  I had trouble trying to come up with anything cheerful,  or at least not depressing. I think the two of us were alone in that we knew for sure that we had no idea why we belonged here to help someone.  Instead, looking at the steadily growing group of those who were following Hikaru in, I said "...Do you trust her, at all?"

Last edited by wikkit on 22/8/2016, 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
wikkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesShields01 on 19/8/2016, 12:14 am

Hikaru's Refuge - Heading towards the house

When Hikaru asked her question, Sakura frowned a bit in worry, as she said, "Yeah, we saw that back home too. And it was there in this dream I kept having as well, though there it became more like a huge storm and destroyed everything. And the dream also predicted what happened just now, with being brought here, so I really hope the other part doesn't become true as well ... "

For her part, Lumina nodded nervously and replied, "Y-Yes, that sort of thing has been spotted across all worlds back. N-No one has been able to discover much about them or reach them. I-It's very mysterious and worrying ... "

Fate firmly nodded and said her own piece, "Those have been spotted across countless worlds. I was part of the search involving them and can testify to that. They are all significantly bigger than what appears here, though it varies depending on how distant a particular world is. Our ships haven't been able to reach any of them and we don't know much about their origin. As far we can tell, they are causing significant levels of dimensional distortions, which is very worrying ... "

She looked thoughtful for a moment, pondering on what it all meant. For this sort of thing to be happening across not only so many worlds back home but seemingly also over those of most, if not all of those present here, somethng really serious must be going on.

After a while, she added, "I take if you are asking about that, then it must have something to do with what you need our help with, correct?" Although if that was the case , she had to wonder what they could possibly do about it.
JamesShields01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami on 19/8/2016, 12:52 pm

Hikaru's Refuge - Outside -> Hikaru's House

"Well, I can certainly admire those traits," Hikaru said to Aurum, before frowning, "It's just that, in my case...I really don't see myself as any...'better' than you, for lack of a better way of putting it. I'm just someone with a really desperate situation to deal with here. Speaking of which...."

She turned her attention back to the group as a whole. "...Those black spots are the result of the same phenomenon. I don't mean they're all the same kind of phenomena; I mean they're all exactly one phenomenon. It goes by many different names across reality; the black speck, the black sun, the Void, Oblivion.... But the name the people of my world gave it is the Zero Collapse. And no matter what it's called...it threatens to consume all of reality. Now, let me put things into perspective.

"The worlds we all come from are just a tiny amount among an infinite number. Everything one could possibly think of exists somewhere out there, be it a world identical to your own except for one minor detail or a place completely unlike anything you've ever known. Reality is all of this, everything that could ever exist, every possibility that could come to pass. It's an infinite expanse, so impossibly large that I imagine some have gone mad trying to comprehend it all." She frowned heavily. "And if the Zero Collapse continues to expand, all of that will be GONE."

At that point she reached the front door. "Fortunately, it's at an early stage right now, with comparatively few worlds at an immediate risk of destruction. But even at this early stage it's still visible from all of reality. Now think about what I just said reality was like, and let that sink in for a little bit."

Then she opened the door and walked inside. "Could the last of you to come in close the door behind you, please? Also, be careful not to step on any spiders; I believe those belong to one of you. The dining room's to the left as you come in." She paused, then looked in that direction herself. "Come to think of it, I don't remember if I put the teacups out. Give me just a moment...."

Sophie could tell Sabitsuki was trying to smile, but just...couldn't, for some reason. Was the other girl's life really that bad up until this point? If so, she didn't even want to think about what sort of things Sabitsuki had to had gone through.

She frowned, before glancing after the others herself. "Well.... She seems nice enough and all, and at least she apologized for taking us from our homes. And I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. But...I'm not sure if we should really take her word for it or not." She sighed. "Or maybe my friend's rubbing off on me. She's not the most trusting sort."

Then she looked back at Sabitsuki and shrugged. "Either way...we're here now, and there doesn't seem to be a way to go back. We might as well listen to what she has to say." She looked down at herself, then reached for the jewel of her Divinity Spark. "Also, this doesn't have anything to do with anything, but...could you look away for a second? I don't want to blind you."

Assuming Sabitsuki complied, Sophie would then give her Divinity Spark a firm tap. It started to glow, and then its glow enveloped Sophie's entire body. A few bright moments later, it subsided, leaving Sophie in her normal appearance. Her hair and eyes had gone back to their normal shade of dark brown. Her outfit now consisted of a black hairband, a white t-shirt with blue sleeves, a short blue denim skirt, and white tennis shoes and socks. Her Divinity Spark had assumed its usual form of a silver pendant with the heart-cut purple amethyst set in it, which Sophie quickly tucked away as soon as the transformation concluded.

"...And that's better."
D.L. Yomegami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeisTheAlcano on 19/8/2016, 11:11 pm

Hikaru explained that all their worlds were just a tiny fragment of an entire universe made up of an infinite number of them. And every signly world in existence could be eventually consumed by the black spot in the sky but, luckily, it was at an early stage. The thought of everything ceasing to exist was troubling but Raquel didn't quite believe in Hikaru's explanation, mostly because she didn't see how any of the girls fitted in all of this. What would any of them be able to do in the face of the apocalypse?

"What does that have to do with us? And how do you know all that?"

When they entered the house, Hikaru showed them where the dinning room was and urged them not to squash any of the many spiders there. Raquel thought that was a nice gesture on her part but she still needed some explanations.

"Ah, yes, those are mine. Don't worry, I'm moving them to my seat right now"
DeisTheAlcano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wikkit on 21/8/2016, 12:05 am

My excitement almost made me lose track of the conversation at hand.  The black thing or, as Hikaru named it the Zero Collapse, was called Jou's Anomaly back home, after the astronomer who discovered it first.  It was actually just a smidge bigger here than back on Earth, which explains how it wasn't spotted so quickly.  And now she had the only slightly grim news that it was poised to destroy everything.  I refrained from mentioning it because, by the time I clocked back in to reality from my human-induced dream, she had already switched topics.  Go figure.

And I was beginning to have another sneaking suspicion here, because this scenario totally reminded me of more than just a few tales held within those ancient discs.  We had to do something about it, naturally, but for some reason confirming this didn't cross my mind.

No, as I took a seat as graciously provided by my host, I felt the unquenchable desire to have this one question answered: "If the universe is infinite, just how is that thing going to destroy all of it?  Wouldn't it just keep going on infinitely?"

"I just...have a hard time trusting anyone who'd kidnap me," I say, getting a little more louder in volume.  "I think that's a reasonable thing to feel, even if she did apologize.  I can't forgive someone just like that...right?"  In thinking back on this, I realize I had issues forgiving anyone for anything, really.

Now I had to think about the two options before me.  For who knows how long I could sit outside, staring at nothing, and waiting for who knows what to happen.  I wouldn't have to go near all of those people, but I'd be left in the dark...

The other option was to trust Hikaru...and in the same stretch of thought, trust Sophie too, and go in.  If the house was this big on the outside, surely I wouldn't be cramped for space, right?

I looked at my feet for a few seconds, contemplating...but whem you put it the way I did, it sure sounded biased towards one option or the other, right?  I sighed, looking up to Sophie and saying, "...I'll do it, if you lead the way, Sophie."  

She asked for me to look away briefly, and I complied, wandering what exactly was going to blind me.  Even in the daylight I could see the brilliant reflection on the grass, but when I looked back Sophie had become much more...normal looking, I guess?  Maybe she also thinks the princess outfit is embarrassing.

That gave me a little bit of a nudge in a certain direction.  I stammered out "I-I can do something like that too, actually.  Just hold on a second."  Most of that moment was spent deciding on what to show her.  Some of them were a little disquieting,  when you think about it, and I didn't want to scare this girl I just met.  I did have at least one idea in mind.

I thought about the image of myself as I wanted to become, and a second later reality changed to reflect that idea.  My legs lost all feeling as they disappeared,  being replaced with a thick tail of mist.  I felt the feeling of cloth wrapped around my forehead, and a thin ring of orange light radiated from my center before dissipating.

"It's...cool, right?" I asked her as I offered a more genuine smile.  Then, I realized I thought of this one as a ghost for a reason, and could probably scare her anyway for all I knew, no matter how silly I looked. As fast as it came, another ring of orange light appeared and I returned to my normal self.  "S-sorry, they're not all like that one," I said as I blushed in embarrassment.  I looked away from her and towards the house and muttered "ithinkitstimetogonow."
wikkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami on 22/8/2016, 9:35 pm

Hikaru's House - Kitchen

Hikaru lead the way to the kitchen, shaking her head upon finding out that she did indeed forget to set out the teacups. She headed over to the cupboard and started taking them out. In the process, she continued her explanation.

"My world's society built itself on inter-dimensional travel. The things I'm telling you now about the nature of reality were the sorts of things I learned in primary school." She frowned. "The Zero Collapse, however, had largely been a myth up until it was actually born, so even I don't know how it works. So to answer the question of how it's capable of destroying all of an infinite reality.... I have two guesses. The first is that it will just keep going on forever, but after a certain point worlds will be consumed shortly after they're born, effectively destroying reality's function. The other is that the Zero Collapse's nature would essentially let it negate infinity, as nonsensical as that sounds." She shrugged. "Either way, I cannot say for certain. And I really hope we'll never find out.

"What I can say for sure is how to stop it. The Zero Collapse is not a natural phenomenon. It is generated by a powerful machine called the Omega Device, sometimes also known as the Zero Ignitor or the Grand Equalizer. If the Omega Device is shut down, the Zero Collapse would stop with it. And I have a good idea of how to shut it down.

"The Omega Device is not a single machine. It has a group of seven counterparts that we called the Alpha Devices, which as far as we knew were designed to control it. If all seven Alpha Devices are brought to the Omega Device, their power should be enough to shut the Omega Device down. Of course, all of that is easier said than done. Much easier."

She turned to the group briefly and let out a painful sigh. "To ensure that the Omega Device would not fall into the wrong hands, it was locked behind a seal that could only be broken by bringing the Alpha Devices together. Each Alpha Device was given to each of the kingdoms of my home world, to ensure that the seal would only be broken when we had no other options. But all of that meant nothing to the King of the kingdom I belonged to, an evil man named Haruka. He managed to figure out a way to break the Omega Device out of its seal without the aid of the Alpha Devices. Furthermore, he activated the Omega Device without the Alpha Devices, destroying our home world in the process.

"Fortunately, the Alpha Devices were not destroyed in the Zero Collapse's birth. They jettisoned themselves away from our home world as it was consumed. Unfortunately, that means they're now scattered across reality." She paused. "By now, you can probably see where this is going."

By now she'd taken out all the teacups she needed and had turned her attention to the boxes of tea. "Do any of you have a preference as to which flavor of tea you would like? I have quite a few varieties here; green, sweet lemon, golden flower...." She turned back to the group again. "Alternatively, if tea's not your preference I can get you something else to drink."

Sophie shook her head. "No, that's perfectly reasonable. It's just...well, what choice do we have? If worst comes to worst, at least there's a bunch of us here. I'm sure we'd be able to figure something out between us."

As it turned out, Sabitsuki settled on going in if Sophie lead the way in. She blushed a little at the awkwardness of being asked to be someone else's protector. However, was that really anything new for her? After all, she protected Samantha all the time. Although that wasn't quite the same thing as what she was doing here...oh, never mind.

"...Certainly, Sabitsuki," she said with a nod and a small smile.

Just as she was about to head up towards the house, Sabitsuki was apparently inspired by her transformation that she felt the need to show Sophie one of her own. Going by her word choice Sophie almost expected a Divinity Spark transformation, but as it turned out it wasn't anything quite so drastic; it just made the other girl look like a ghost of some kind. She smiled in appreciation, but she didn't get the chance to really comment on it before Sabitsuki changed back to her normal self and hastily apologized for it.

"...What was there to apologize for?" she asked, tilting her head to one side, "That was neat, and nowhere near as silly as my transformed self." Then she turned towards the house herself. "...But yeah, we should probably get going if we're going to catch anything."

At that she started heading up, although she made sure that Sabitsuki would be able to stick by her.
D.L. Yomegami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesShields01 on 23/8/2016, 2:53 pm

Hikaru's House

Sakura listened in astonished silence as Hikaru explained what was going on. She didn't get the whole scale, but she did understand that it would be very bad to let this Zero Collapse unchecked, since it would destroy everything, just like in the dream she had been having in the past few days.

"I don't quite get everything, but ... If that's the case, then we've to got to help! Otherwise, all our homes and everyone else's out there will be gone. We can't let that happen," She readily she replied after a moment, "So, I guess we will have to go to a bunch of places to collect those Devices things, right? I sorta did something like that once, back home, but on a much smaller scale. But whatever the case, I'll do what I can to help!"

"Well, at least this time, it's not your mistake, so you technically don't have to do it, but it would be bad if just let everything be destroyed, so we gotta do it anyway," Kero said, letting out a frustrated sigh, "And at least in your case, it was a mistake. Seems like this king wanted to do all this ... "

"But why? It's not he will get anything out of it ... If everything is gone, it's not he would get anything out of it, so why, just, why would he go out of his way to something so terrible ... " Sakura wondered out loud.  

Remembering what else Hikaru said, she added, a bit more animatedly "And oh, no tea for me, but some juice would be nice, if you have any, thank you."

Kero got disproportanely excited and said, "No drinks for me, but if you any sweets around, I'll have those."  

Sakura then gave him a look and said, "Kero, she is being nice, so please don't just eat everything this time."

Meanwhile, Lumina also listened in horrified silence to the explanation. Even though she had traveled through a lot of places after she was forced to leave her home, the sheer scale of what was being described was simply astonishing. It also left even more worried if she could anything at all to help, even if solving wasn't dependent on her power but rather on retrieving these Alpha Devices. Everyone else here was probably far more capable and more combat ready than she was ... Still, with what was at stake, she would do her best, even if that didn't contribute much.

"T-That sounds so serious and desperate ... I-I'm not sure if I can do much to help but ... I-I'll at least do my best to protect and support the rest of you through all this .. I-It's the least I can do. There's too much at stake to do anything otherwise," She softly spoke.

Even though Fate had probably traveled through the most worlds and dimensions out of all them, except for Hikaru and maybe Lumina, the scale of everything in existence and the destructive power of this Zero Collapse was breath-taking even for her. What had happened to Hikaru's world reminded of what was supposed to have happened to the fabled Al Hazard that her mother had sought, as well the fate of the Belkan Empire. So much power that they all had ended destroying themselves.

"Interdimensional travel ... That sounds pretty much like us back home, but it seems that in your case it was in a much grander scale. The sheer scale of all of this ..." She wondered out loud, " And Devices ..." She glanced Bardiche, still clutched in her hand We have a specific term like that, but I take that in each case, it means something quite different."  

She look thoughful for a while. Solving all this, searching high and low for these Alpha Devices would probably take considerable time. She would like be gone from home even longer than she had last time. Nanoha, Vivio and everyone would be so worried, with her just gone like without an explanation. But at the same time, if she didn't do this, eventually, the effects of all this would reaching them all as well and then they and everyone else back home, as well as anywhere else would be gone forever. She couldn't let that happen.

She shook that all off and gave a more determined look, as she added more firmly,
"If that's all the case, I cannot let such a terrifying level of dimensional distortion stand. I'll let you my strenght and do anything I can to stop this. Searching and contaning dangerous artifacts such as these is part of my job back home , so this is practically a mission, even if an unofficial one. I'm sure that everyone back at the TSAB would agree that this is a very grave matter. Still, do you have any idea where any of those Devices might be? And take that would have a way for us to reach them, just like you brough us all here?"

Her features then faltered and softened, showing worry. "Still ... Would there be any way for us to contact the people in our homes, before we leave off to do all this? It sounds like this will take a while and be very dangerous ... I have a family back home, children ... I wouldn't like for them to worry about me, not knowing what happened after I so suddenly vanished."

She perked up a bit upon remembering the mentioning of green tea. That probably back some memories, specially of when Nanoha and her were younger ... Nanoha's reaction to when mom had put sugar and milk in it ... She didn't get it at the time, but she later learnt that just wasn't the way Nanoha's family and her people did it. It was a bit of reminder of home, in a way and any comfort right now was very welcome.

She flashed Hikaru a small but warm smile and said, "Green tea sounds very nice, thank you."
JamesShields01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wikkit on 24/8/2016, 11:22 pm

Hikaru's explanation baffled me and gave me a few chills at the same time.  While I wasn't sure about the mechanics of it (universes are born?  is that how it works?) the idea of someone attempting to kill on an infinite scale was honestly frightening.  I sunk into my chair, leaned on the table with my hand on my face and muttered "This is a lot worse than I have to deal with back home..."

"...But, why would your people make something that can destroy everything?  I mean, for that matter, how?"  There was sure some nice stuff back home, of course, but we barely had colonized the outer reaches of Sol.  We were just beginning to come up with means of traveling to another solar system, and these people had not only broken the interstellar gap, the intergalactic gap, but the interuniversal gap!  These people must've somehow been many millennia beyond even the wildest machinations of The First, as hard as that would be to believe...but they still lived in houses made of wood?  Now, that was raised a little flag.  Something wasn't adding up right now, because only in-land frontiersmen would even think of living in a shack like this, instead of a communal tower.

How could someone so advanced live so...quaintly?  No matter how much I was very ready to jump on the concept of making myself a hero, my suspicion flared up again.  I needed to remind myself that, no matter how awed I was about the idea of meeting my proverbial role models, I couldn't just take everything she was saying immediately at face value.

"Yes, water please," I repeated again when it came time for drinks.  Better arm myself while I can.  I noticed I felt a slight bit peckish, so I slid open a compartment in my head and reached in with one of my upper arms, its smooth white surface much better at finding things by touch than my hands.  I wouldn't normally accept the idea of refusing a host's meal, but this was a different situation.  It could've been poisoned, for all I knew.  Anyway, I could feel one familiar object amongst all the others, and I pulled it out and put it in my lower hand:  a half-eaten tube of nutrient paste!  The guaranteed on-the-go snack for any citizen, with shelf-life measured in decades!  Though, looking at the label, I immediately recognized the brand as the cheap kind they hand out in company lunches.

The really, really gritty kind that only became palatable when hydrated.

I was briefly torn between the need to not get disgusted with my food and making sure I could protect myself, but I realized I had an easy solution to this problem.  "Actually, make that two glasses."

My embarrassment broke up for a moment, giving way to a slightly different kind of embarrassment as I realized how I was acting right now.  I got partway through a sentence which sounded like "I mean, I could've scared yo-" when I realized that there was no reason why she could be scared, if she had just seen Blair.  She was a ghost, and she barely seemed to care about her at all!  I felt mostly stupid once again, looking away and trying to ignore the fact that she was staring at me, but also felt the need to think my sentences through a bit more.

I sighed and shook my head, looking back at her.  "...I'm sorry.  I haven't shown these for a while, because most people are scared when they see someone change like that.  And...some of the other ones are sort of disturbing.  You don't want to see them."  Mostly truthful, but a little bit of salvaging lies thrown in there too.  I continued my ascent to the house of our kidnapper, and I added "Sorry about that" for good measure.

...I also noted that my guess was correct, she totally did think her princess costume was silly.  I think that was an objective fact, but at least she wouldn't feel insulted in case I said it out loud eventually.
wikkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

"How desperate are you, that you call on random girls to defend you?"

Post by DeisTheAlcano on 25/8/2016, 2:58 pm

Raquel had so many questions in her head when Hikaru explained her story that she couldn't even formulate them. For example, what did the guy want with destroying his own world? What kind of machine could just stop something from existing? How would it work? And on a multiversal scale, no less. She still couldn't quite wrap her head around the idea of all of these worlds simply disappearing because of that thing. And Hikaru apparently wanted them to retrieve the so called Alpha Devices to stop that machine from destroying other worlds. This all made her want to question Hikaru's claims.

"So you want us to travel from world to world to get you those things and stop the black hole?" Raquel could barely complete that sentence, this was insane for someone that had just found out her world wasn't the only one in existence.

Hikaru seemed truthful but there was no way any of this could be real, this was just a fever dream or something. After watching that yellow little animal speak and Wo taking some kind of tube from inside her head, it had to be, right? Raquel wasn't sure what to believe in anymore.

At least the mention of tea made her temporarily focus on something else. She really needed to drink something right now.

"I heard something about a 'yasmain' tea once, I would like to try some of that"
DeisTheAlcano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami on 26/8/2016, 12:08 am

Hikaru's Refuge - Outside -> House

"Well, for what it's worth," Sophie said, "Even if you did scare me, I wouldn't have held it against you. Especially because it'd probably be by accident, wouldn't it? And...well, the Bleaksteel might not be scary in the same sense, but they are pretty scary, yet my life right now means I have to fight them a lot. So, I guess I'm kind of used to it?"

She flashed Sabitsuki a small, hopefully reassuring smile. "So, um...don't worry about it too much."

At that point, they reached the front door. She took a deep breath, before opening it up and taking a look around inside. Once she was sure nothing was going to hurt them, she headed inside. Once Sabitsuki followed her in, she'd close the door again before following the sound of voices to the kitchen. The two of them arrived just in time to hear the next round of explanation from Hikaru. In any other circumstance Sophie probably would have taken a seat, but as it was she was a little more concerned about Sabitsuki. For the other girl's sake, she opted to just stand by the entrance before listening.

Hikaru, for her part, was busy enough with both explaining and getting everyone's requests.

"Our civilization wasn't the one who built the Alpha and Omega Devices," she said with a frown, "In fact, we reverse engineered most of our technology from the Alpha Devices. We studied them extensively, but we never really learned how they worked, who built them, or why they were built in the first place. If I had to take a guess, the Omega Device was designed as a weapon to be used in only the most dire of circumstances. Once it was reunited with the Alpha Devices, perhaps the Zero Collapse's power could be controlled."

Her frown got heavier. "Which makes Haruka's decision to activate the Omega Device without the Alpha Devices all the more baffling. I don't think he even considered getting his hands on the Alpha Devices and always intended to just let the Zero Collapse destroy everything uncontrolled." She shook her head and sighed. "In any event, what his reasoning was doesn't matter anymore. The fact remains that he did it, and now all of existence is at stake."

At that point she started distributing the drinks. She looked a little confused at Wo's request for two glasses of water as opposed to a single large one, but she didn't question it.

"Long story short, I am indeed asking you to go out into reality and find the Alpha Devices. Once you've found all seven, you should be able to use their power to go to the heart of the Zero Collapse and shut the Omega Device down." She sighed again. "I again apologize for bringing all of you here so abruptly and without warning to ask something so selfish of you, especially when I'm sure you have friends and loved ones back in your home worlds waiting for you." Her eyes lingered on Fate specifically for a moment.

"Had I been able, I would have done this on my own. But the fact is that I'm not. I'm just not strong enough, or skilled enough, to handle the task. While I was hailed as one of the greatest magicians in my home world...." She didn't seem particularly proud of this fact. "...My power has its limits. Just bringing you here was exhausting. Something as powerful as even a single Alpha Device would likely kill me, or worse damage it. And outside of summoning there's not much else of note I can do, and I wasn't willing to just sit around and hope someone else would have the capabilities. So I decided to summon the sorts of warriors I knew from my home world to aid me, and...well, you know the rest."

She then turned to Sakura, Lumina, and Fate and gave them a small, almost relieved smile. "I thank you for your assistance in this matter." Then she turned to Fate in particular. "I don't know where all of the Alpha Devices are, but I do have a good idea of where one landed. I specifically chose this world to set up my new home in because there's an Alpha Device in another part of it. Or maybe it's just another world within this local group? It's very hard to tell the difference in this case. I'll get to the means by which you'll be able to cross reality in a minute, but as for your last question...."

She frowned heavily. "...I'm ashamed to admit that I did not think of that before going ahead with the summoning, and as such I currently do not have the means to let you contact your home worlds right now. However, now that you've brought it up I'll be sure to work on something along those lines. You did mention that you had inter-dimensional capabilities of your own; perhaps a communication device from your local group might do the trick?"

"As for the rest of you...." She turned to the others. "...Well, as much as I did force you to come here, I won't force you to help me if you really do not wish to. If you're on the fence...I wouldn't ask you to do it for me, but to do it for the sake of your home worlds. If even that doesn't convince you...." At that point, she suddenly looked extremely sheepish. "...Well, as part of my failure to come up with a cohesive plan I hadn't accounted for the possibility of sending you back home. You'll have to sit tight for a while, but I promise that should you not wish to help me I'll find a way to return you to your home worlds and we can act like none of this ever happened."

Once she was finished talking there, she turned to Sakura and Kero. "Do either of you have a preference for a particular kind of juice or sweet? I only have lemon and durian juice; the former's not really meant to be drank straight, and the latter's...not very pleasant smelling, and an acquired taste on the whole. I can still get you a different flavor; I'd just have to summon it first. I have more access to sweets without summoning, but I'd like to make sure I'm getting something you'd actually like."
D.L. Yomegami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wikkit on 27/8/2016, 9:36 pm

Hikaru, if a little haltingly, gave me my request.  I nodded to her in thanks, doing my best to make sure my upper head didn't bump into hers, and as I mixed in my nutrient paste into one of the glasses I pondered what she said and was saying.  So, they didn't make this thing themselves.  I congratulated her people for not being so foolish as to make some kind of omniversal destruction device, but at the same time, I bemoaned them for messing with it at all.  You just don't mess with weird technology from before your time!  There was a reason it took special training just to be around technology from the Fourth Iteration, and even that wasn't much compared to what we were now dealing with.

...In any case, it certainly explained her humble housing.  If they really were living off of stolen technology, it would make sense.  My hypothesis was taking on water, and though it went against better judgement I was starting to take what she said to heart.  The thought was that if someone wanted me to listen to them and fall into their trap, they'd sound confident, not whatever she was acting like right now.

Not being able to talk back home was a little worrying.  Nu was going to be the most worried out of the family, he'd probably be thinking I died in a few days from now.  The rest would be concerned, but I think they'd be used to my odd schedules by now.  My boss, however?  Oh, in the name of the First, my boss. I'd just have to avoid talking to her if I get the chance.

But, of course, to get chastised by my boss, or to see my family again, I'd have to actually work with her.  She really wasn't leaving me with much of a choice here, so I relented for just a moment.  Now, acting more like the Miracle☆Carrier I was meant to be by staring at her all dour-like and saying in an authoritative voice, "If it's for the sake of the universe, then you have my aid, Hikaru."  Underneath the thin veneer of acting like a real magical girl, the sheer coolness of how I imagined myself looking right there made me feel anything but dour.

"Alright, then.  I won't."  The Bleaksteel...certainly didn't sound like a friendly thing.  Sophie didn't act like someone who had been fighting constantly.  If you told me that the girl that I had met just a few minutes ago, stuttering, blushing and gentle like her, was fighting something called Bleaksteel, I wouldn't of imagined that being correct.  Now I wanted to ask a little more about her, but my attention turned to the room and its occupants as we entered.

I stood in the doorway, not gathering much in the realm of glances as I looked the group over.  Most of them were taking snacks or drinking as Hikaru explained.  The way she explained it made me feel like waiting behind was a mistake, because I had to piece a lot of it together by myself.  We were summoned to find something called Alpha Devices to stop a Haruka and his Omega Device, and these devices were technology not made by them, but found instead.  We couldn't get home, or even talk to home, for at least a while.  She couldn't do any of this herself, which is why we were brought here...and that made me ask a question that I felt was very pertinent.

"...Why us?  Why us, specifically?  Aren't there people better at this kind of thing besides us?"
wikkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeisTheAlcano on 28/8/2016, 4:01 pm

From the looks of it, Haruka didn't seem to have a plan beyond destroying everything with the Zero Collapse. Maybe the guy was just really really clumsy and had activated the black speck by accident.

While Hikaru continued her explanation, Raquel finally got the opportunity to taste some of that tea. She pulled her hood down, revealing short black hair, and took a sip of the cup. It tasted sweet but it was basically just hot leaf juice. A bit disappointing, really, because she was expecting something a bit more interesting. Maybe that's why the richest people in her city didn't have tea, it just wasn't worth the price.

Meanwhile, Hikaru revealed that she was a summoner of sorts. A really powerful one too, given how she was able to call on several human beings (and some non-humans, apparently). That made Raquel briefly wonder if her spiders had a life of their own and they had to put everything on hold whenever she called them. It was unlikely but it was an amusing thought and she needed a bit of levity right after knowing everything she knew could stop existing.

The regal girl also called them warriors. Of all the supposedly infinite worlds in existence, she had chosen the least suited person for the job. And it's not like young girls made for great warriors back in her world in the first place. Maybe things were different in everyone else's.

"You got the wrong girl then, I'm not a warrior" She chuckled "I just run away when things get too heated. It has worked so far"

Unfortunately for everyone there, Hikaru hadn't thought of a way to contact the different worlds of the girls she had technically kidnapped. This basically meant that they couldn't call their loved ones or even explain what was going on and, to make matters worse, they couldn't return to their worlds for the time being.

Raquel didn't like being trapped in there but she didn't exactly have anyone to call back home. Guernica was seemingly dead and, while she did have a good relationship with some of her former mates from the orphanage, she didn't have anyone she could call a best friend. It had mostly been her and her spiders for most of her life. No one was going to miss her anytime soon.

She didn't exactly want to help but she couldn't just sit there while that Zero thing threatened to destroy their worlds. It was either helping or waiting for death, something that Hikaru described a bit too matter-of-factly for Raquel's taste "This... This is a bit hard to swallow" she vissibly struggled to finish the sentence but there was no way she was going to leave the fate of her world on someone else's hands "...but I can try to help"
DeisTheAlcano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesShields01 on 29/8/2016, 11:30 pm

Hikaru's House

Sakura listened attentively as Hikaru explained more about the situation. She supposed the other girl was right. It didn't really matter why this Haruka had set this events in motion, they needed to do their best to stop all this from happening and then probably confront him about it.

She got rather worried when Hikaru said in response to Fate that there currently wasn't any way for them to call their homes. She would certainly do what was being asked of her, what with literally everything that was at stake, but it sounded that it would be a long and hard task and she would rather not be gone like this without anyone knowing. Hopefully Hikaru and Fate would be able to arrange something.

She was about to say something on the whole matter, when Kero, predictably overexcitedly over the matter of sweets, cut her off before could even begin and said, "Well, some cake would be great. It doesn't really matter what kind, as long as it's sweet, I'll take it!"

Sakura gave him a look and then sighed, figuring she might as well get that matter out of the way before anything else. Remembering what Hikaru said about juices, she replied, "Um, well ... Something like orange would be great, but ... Hopefully getting something like that shouldn't be as tiring for as bring all of us here, but you did say you were exhausted. If that would be still too much for you right now, I guess I could do with what you have."

She got a more serious look as she got back to what she had meant to say before. "I don't really like fighting anyone. I would prefer to somehow end all this peaceful, but if this king is still set on doing this whole horrible thing, I'll do it if we don't have any other choice, for the sake of our homes and everywhere else out there."

It was then that she remembered something, not all that important compared to everything else, but still something she should do, if only for the sake of being polite and getting along with their host. She bowed slightly and added, "I forgot to say this before so ... I'm Sakura and despite all this, it's still nice to meet you," she then gestured towards her companion and said, "And this is here is Kero."

Meanwhile, Lumina once again listened in awed silence. She still somewhat struggled with the whole scale of it all as well with wrapping her mind around the idea of someone intentional setting off such an massive disaster. In the end, perhaps it didn't matter. She was still not sure if she was up for the task, but her help was being asked and couldn't deny it, specially with a problem of such impossibly large scale.

The matter of speaking to people in their homes sadly didn't concern her as much as it would most of the others. She didn't really know anyone in the Citadel and due to the circunstances, the only ones who would care about her at all in her home village were her parents, with whom she had unfortunately lost contact a while ago in anycase. Nothing could be done about it right now and if she could, after this whole ordeal was over, she would try to do something about that.

She smiled rather nervously at Hikaru and said, "I-I'm still not sure of how much use I would in all this ... I-I'm just a simple, novice healer, after, not any kind of battle mage ... But for the sake of everything at risk because of this whole situation, I-I do my best. T-The most I can do is protect everyone else and support their abilities, as well as tending to them if they get hurt regardless. A-And if anyone requires any assistance with any ailments, I'll do my best to treat them."

After seeing Sakura introduce herself and her companion to Hikaru, Lumina recalled that she hadn't done so before either. As such, she did a deeper, more formal bow, before adding, "A-And I'm Lumina. I-I hope I can be of some assistence to you in this whole, tragic matter."

Fate listened carefully to the additional explanation Hikaru had to give and then after the requested tea from her, delicately sipped at it, seeking comfort from that as she considered the whole matter.

After a while, she finally said, "Well, I suppose we do smething that could be of assistance in that matter. Once, when I was much younger, I exchanged a series of recorded video messages with a friend while she was still in her home and we even did a live video call once, so it should be possible. I don't have a precise idea of whete to find such a message again though, at least not anywhere easy acessible. I could give you general idea and maybe even coordinates for my world if that would help ... Given the manner in which we were brought here, I guess that wouldn't be technically required for you to do it, but it would probably make it easier and less straineous. I don't know how much such a device would be of help for anyone else here, but hopefully we should able to work something out together once we get it here."

After gaining a more serious and determined look, she added, "Being able to work that out would also assist in another important matter. I think it's reasonable to assume that this king would have something of a loyal force seeking out these Devices on his behalf and that we may very well ending up having to fight them off. However, to fight at my best I require something called cartridges to power most of my stronger spells. I had just gotten back from a mission and was supposed to on leave for a few days before being brought here, so my personal stock is currently low and probably won't last long. However, that's not a resource that I would wish to take lightly from our army's stockpiles and so it would best if I managed to contact someone before doing."

After a short pause she further added, "As I said before, things like this, though thankfully usually in a much smaller scale, are part of my job, so I feel more ready than most to partake in it. Really, a matter on a enormous scale should be something that a much large part of my organization should be in involved in, but I understand if that wouldn't be possible."

Seeing others properly introducing themselves to their improptu host, she gave Hikaru a warm smile as her features once again softened a bit and then said, "And my name is Fate. Despite this circunstances, it's still a pleasure to meet you. Let's do our best to work together to end this whole horrible matter."

JamesShields01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami on 30/8/2016, 10:52 pm

Hikaru's House - Kitchen

Hikaru gave Sakura and Kero a small smile. "Oh no, something as simple as food is no problem for me. Give me just a moment...."

At that, she held out her staff parallel to the ground again, and closed her eyes in focus. Her device lit up, and a pair of circular runes very similar to the ones that brought the group there appeared on the table in front of Sakura. Another moment later, a glass of orange juice and a small chocolate cake appeared. The runes disappeared and Hikaru's device stopped glowing, before she opened her eyes again.

"See? Piece of cake. Literally, in this case," she said, "I hope that suffices for you."

Then she turned to Sabitsuki and Raquel, and once again frowned heavily.

"Well...it actually didn't have to be you in particular. I didn't have any specific people in mind, just a general type of person. The warriors of my home world were in fact very much like you...." She looked between everyone present. "...If usually a little older. I was also trying not to summon someone who was too strong, because there was the very real risk I'd die in the process if I crossed my limit. And..." She again looked rather sheepish. "...This probably isn't making me sound any less suspicious, but even before this whole debacle I kind of had a sheltered life and never got the chance to make friends my own age. And I've been the only person in this whole world before I summoned you here. So...that may have influenced my thought process a little."

She shook her head. "Moving on from that, I do have a way for you to travel reality. Magic in my world was done through the use of what we called Reality Manipulation Devices." She tapped her own device. "Getting a RMD such as my own took a lot of work, but there was a weaker kind called a Gateway Device for the average civilian. They could...well, open a gateway between two places in the same world or between two nearby worlds. I managed to save a batch of them when I fled my home world, and once you're ready to head out I'll be happy to give you each one. Don't expect to get to a world on the other side of reality with one, but they'll let you cross reality nonetheless." She frowned. "Technically, with the aid of a Gateway Device you could get home from here...but unless your world is really close to this one, the Gateway Device wouldn't be able to take you directly there, and chances are you'd just get lost."

While Hikaru continued on, Sophie frowned in thought. It was clear she'd missed a few things while Sabitsuki and herself were still outside, but she did catch that they were brought her to gather a bunch of things called Alpha Devices, which supposedly would help them shut down something called an Omega Device and save all of existence. It also sounded like the Omega Device was tied into something called the Zero Collapse, which was probably that black thing she and the others had been seeing in the sky. She went over that information in her head a few times, and she still had trouble wrapping her mind around the scale of it all.

Was this something she'd really be able to help with? Saving her own world from the Bleaksteel was one thing, and massive enough as it was. She didn't even feel like she'd really gotten the hang of being a magical girl yet, recent victory against an Archon Unit aside. And now this girl was asking her to save all of existence? That was almost too much to ask.

"Well...." she started once she had a chance to speak, "...I'm not exactly the strongest person myself. And before you brought me here, I was already working on something pretty big. But since I'm here, and since there's no easy way to get back home from here.... I guess there's no harm in trying. I, um...can't promise anything though." Then she decided to follow the others' lead by introducing herself. She gave Hikaru a small smile and bobbed her head. "...I'm Sophie, by the way."

Hikaru nodded to her and the others who had agreed so far. "Unless anyone else has questions or requests, I think that's everything. Considering you all just got here, I'd like to give you all a chance to settle in first. Whether you're willing to help me or not, you are going to be living here for a little while, and I'd like to make sure you're as comfortable as you can be." She motioned towards the back of the house. "There's a bunch of empty bedrooms on the second floor, just go up the stairs in the back. The first room across from the stairs is mine, but the others should be open. Just don't fight over them." She shrugged. "And just generally feel free to make yourselves at home. All I ask is that you don't make too big a mess of things. In the meantime, I'll get to working on some way for you to contact your home worlds, or maybe even go back to them. Once you're ready to set out for the first Alpha Device, just let me know."

Then she turned to Fate in particular. "And...I'd like to request your help in that particular matter. I'm fairly used to working with advanced technology, but it'd be nice to have someone more familiar with the technology in question. If you could describe this in as much detail as you can, I can bring it here and we can go from there."
D.L. Yomegami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kkutwar on 31/8/2016, 10:35 pm

Having been quietly listening to Hikaru and processing her words, Alice merely stood in silence & thought whilst Blaire hid behind her- Stealing occasional glances of Kero. Once she was certain Hikaru was done, Alice stepped forward a little, hands in her pockets before speaking with a calm yet friendly voice.

"Haruka's goal is apparently just to destroy all of Existence, regardless of consequence- Yet whilst I like to think I'm religious, I'm not ignorant enough to blind myself to science and reason. Thus, if you get down to it, the true genesis of Existence itself couldn't have anything- No pre-existing matter, no time to move backwards through. In short, there should literally have been nothing whatsoever. That's where things get interesting though..."

Pulling out her hands and grabbing Blaire's hand, Alice holds her out in front before resuming her speech- Yet with a cooler tone. "Scientifically Existence should be impossible- Thus something unscientific had to have turned literal nothingness into the entire Omniverse. Basically, destroying everything would completely defeat his goal- It impossibly happened once, so why wouldn't it do so again?"

Turning to look towards Fate, Alice nonetheless speaks towards everyone in general. "I'm sure Fate knows more, but it makes more sense Haruka may be aiming for Godhood or something of the like? Preserving some part of Existence would prevent it from being reborn, and from there he branch out new universes- Either way, if his goal is deprive everyone of Existence, he must have some means of surviving the Zero Collapse."

Taking a deep breath and letting it out, she then focuses her full attention on Hikaru, calling out with a firm yet polite voice. "So stopping Haruka himself should be one of our major priorities- He managed to bypass the safety measures, so it isn't unreasonable to believe he may be prepared for someone gathering the Alpha Devices. Thus, will you be able to locate Haruka somehow? I'll help regardless, though at the least we shouldn't go in blind for the final confrontation."
Kkutwar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wikkit on 1/9/2016, 1:24 am

"My name is Wo Class, ma'am.  Nice to be working with you, and I'm ready as soon as the rest are."  I could use at least a couple of minutes of rest, considering I just got off work before all of this, so it wouldn't hurt to wait.

But that reminded me, it was time to indulge myself a little.  A room full of these people, and I bet they would listen to my questions!  Now, I just needed to pick one out of the rest.

Alice already talked about her home, and it didn't sound anything at all like my own world's ancient history, so she was right out.  Blair probably wouldn't be of much help either.  Sabitsuki was still sort of off in her own place, and Sophie was still next to her, so not them.  Lumina was still frightened and more importantly, with those ears I wasn't entirely sure she was human.  Fate had mentioned stuff involving dimensional travel on her own, so who knows about what she's made of?  She was busy talking to Hikaru in any case.  Sakura looked a little young, too, and she was busy eating.

That left two candidates who didn't seem too outlandish:  Aurum and Raquel.  I was sure that they wouldn't mind a little bit of questioning, right?

Before that, I changed out of my outfit.  I whispered "Miracles, revert," and with a faint flash and sparkle of light the skintight suit of the Carrier was replaced with my nice little sundress, which certainly was more fitting with the rest of the group's fashion sense.  The both of them were close enough together, so I took both of my glasses and walked over to the two.

Taking a seat, I smiled at the both of them.  "I hope you don't mind if I ask a couple questions, while we're here.  It's just that...humans aren't around anymore where I come from, so I'd like to know more about your kind.  Is that alright?"

Going by what Hikaru said, it was pure chance alone that brought myself here compared to any conscious decision to kidnap a shut in...and to be honest, that lessened the sting a little.  That, and apparently I fit the mold of a warrior of some kind from her home.  That she would see something like that in me was probably incorrect, but it was nice enough of a feeling.  She was also a bit of a shut in who lived by herself, and I could definitely sympathize there.

I still didn't know what exactly I was being asked to do here beyond find these devices, so I was still hesitant to say "yes" to her terms just yet.  I did offer my name to her, of course, by raising my hand and saying "Sabitsuki."  Sophie readily accepted, though, and while I didn't follow her lead I still understood her viewpoint.

Leaning against the wall like this was getting a little tiring, so I decided to make it a little better.  I walked over to the table and grabbed an unoccupied chair (far away from anyone else, of course) and dragged it back, sitting on it.  I'm not sure if Hikaru would've liked me sitting down on the floor, no matter how used to it I am, so it never hurts to play it on the safe side.  I still needed time to think, or at least prepare myself for, leaving on whatever quest that had been sat out for us.

Then I realized I forgot to get a chair for Sophie.  I looked up at her, slightly embarrassed, and said "Oh, sorry.  I probably should've grabbed you a seat..."
wikkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeisTheAlcano on 1/9/2016, 10:31 pm

Hikaru revealed she only had a vague image in mind when she tried to summon all of them there so few of them were actual warriors. She also added that she tried not to call on people that were too strong or she would have died due to the extreme effort. Raquel felt kind of insulted at that since she was considered a rarity back in her world. In fact, she had only ever met one person that could summon living beings, in his case snakes, and according to Guernica only a really small amount of the world population could do that. And Hikaru had practically called her weak.

"That sure makes me feel a lot better about the kidnapping" she said, sarcastically

Hikaru finished her story and moved to talk with Fate about something from the latter's world. Raquel didn't hear much and she didn't really care once she realized she was stuck in a really big house with girls her age that she didn't really want to interact with, and she had work to do that she dreaded but still wanted to finish right now. She wondered how her life had repeated itself and muttered "Just like in the orphanage"

Wo prevented her from accepting Hikaru's offer to start looking for the so-called Alpha Devices at that moment when she asked her and Aurum if they could answer some questions about their respective homeworlds. Turns out humans in her world had died out a long time ago and she was curious about them. So, she wasn't even human to begin with. That's why she was so pale and that thing on her head was... actually part of her? Raquel briefly stared at the top of Wo's head, it sure looked like a hat to her.

Raquel knew she shouldn't reveal sensitive information to strangers but Wo didn't seem dangerous. Scatterbrained, careless, and a bit of a weirdo, yes, but not someone that would flip out and shoot someone because they looked at her in a funny way. Might as well try to see where she was going with her questionnaire.

"Well, that depends on what you want to know"
DeisTheAlcano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesShields01 on 2/9/2016, 1:35 am

Hikaru's House

Sakura smiled warmly after Hikaru did her thing and brought what they had requested. "Yes, that will more than do, thank you very much." She then went over and carefully picked up the glass with both hands, then started to slowly slip from it. Meanwhile, Kero wasted no time in landing right on the table and starting to ravenously devour the cake.

Meanwhile, she carefully listened to what else Hikaru had to say about their situation. She didn't really have anything to add at that point, so once she was finished with her drink, with Kero having of course having finish his plate much sooner and Hikaru was done with her speech, she said, "Well, I don't think there's much I can do to help until we actually go out to start looking for those things. So I think I'll go check on the rooms uptairs and rest a little before we do."

She glanced at Alice and Blaire, but the former seemed occupied with planning things out, so she guessed they would see each other later. With that thought, she then started to make for the stairs, with Kero following beside her.

Meanwhile, Lumina also listened attentively to the last bit of Hikaru's explanation. She still felt out of her depth and didn't think she could contribute much to the reat of the discussion that then followed. So almost as soon as Hikaru mentioned the bedrooms and particularly so after Sakura started to head that way, she decided she might as well escape to there as well.

She bowed politely again and said, "P-Please excuse me. I think I'll check on that as well. As soon as everyone is ready to go, I-I'll probably be too."

With that, with a slight delay from when Sakura had departed, she made for the stairs as well.  

Fate frowned a bit at what Alice commented about Haruka's possible motive, specially at the part where the other girl mentioned her. "Well, I may probably have more experience with this sort of than most here, but even I'm struggling to understand the motivation behind such an action. I suppose that what you're saying is possible but, back home, not long ago we did have a dimensionsal criminal who tried to something similar. He tried to make use of a powerful, ancient artifact to destroy our world and obviously, there didn't seem to a discernsble reason for that either. In the either, as long as we stop him, it doesn't really matte."

While still delicately sipping now and then from her cup, she the adressed Hikaru's last comment, "Ah, yes. Well, from what I remember, the portable version of a such device appeared to a relatevely simple console. There is a thin screen, although a holographic screen is used most of the time while communication through and most other methods of such. Behind on that, I'm afraid there's not much else I can offer about it. I do have something else in mind that might help though."

She carefully set down her cup on a nearby table and held out her arm, with her hand extended as well, with palm upwards and open. While she made a mental request to Bardiche, the Device in his standby form then started to slight float above her head.

After a moment, a holographic screen flickered into existence a little off to Fate's side. It seemed to be displaying an overview of a planet.

"This is my homeworld, Mid-Childa. And these," at that point, overlayed on the picture of the planet, an intricate set of number appeared on a corner of the screen, "Are the dimensional coordinates for it. I don't know if it will really help, but I figured that having that information couldn't hurt either. I really do hope it works. As for what we will do if it suceeds, contacting my home shouldn't be an issue. And well, by necissity due to how my magic works, I tend to be rather good at calculatiions, so hopefully, that should help with figuring out something to help the others speak to their homes as well."
JamesShields01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami on 2/9/2016, 10:39 pm

Hikaru's House - Kitchen

"Like I said, it's anyone's guess as to what Haruka's goals are," Hikaru replied to Alice with a shrug, "Though I'd think that if it was godhood he wanted he would have tried to obtain the Alpha Devices before activating the Omega Device. In any event, you'd probably have to ask him what he was thinking. If he is indeed still alive, you're probably going to meet him eventually. Speaking of which...."

She frowned. "I don't know exactly where he would be, nor a way of finding that out. However, my best guess is that he's keeping the Omega Device in working order, which would put him where the Omega Device is. And that's at the heart of the Zero Collapse. In that case, you aren't getting to him without the Alpha Devices. On the bright side, that means you'll know where to find him when the time comes, assuming he doesn't have a way of getting in and out himself." She looked thoughtful for a moment. "I'd hope that you'd have a head start here and will be able to grab this Alpha Device fairly easily, but all the same be really careful. Not just in regards to Haruka, but in regards to the natives of whatever worlds the Alpha Devices might have landed in."

The fact that Raquel seemed sort of insulted by something she said didn't go unnoticed, but by the time Hikaru finished addressing Alice Raquel was already talking to Wo. Rather than interrupt that conversation, she cast Raquel an apologetic look before turning her attention to Fate and the hologram she just conjured. She briefly cast a look at Bardiche, although chances were it was just because of its similarity to her RMD more than anything.

"Well, I have a better idea of what world I'd be pulling this device from, at least," she said, "Here's hoping I don't break anything in the summoning process."

Then she went through with the summoning process once more. This time, the rune appeared on the table close to Fate. In another moment, the device she had described, or at least something that looked a lot like it, appeared. Once it was done, Hikaru approached her and looked it over.

"I hope this is what you were talking about. If it is, I also hope it's able to connect to your world; I don't know how far away this world is from your own, so the signal might have to a long way to go." She frowned in thought. "Though if it is able, then hopefully we won't have to worry about distance. In that case, it'd be making it able to connect to whatever communication means the others' worlds have. It's not likely any of them will have technology similar to your own."

Sophie just shook her head in response to Sabitsuki. "It's okay."

At that, she went and took an unoccupied chair of her own close to Sabitsuki. For the most part, she simply opted to listen to what the others were talking about. However, her eyes briefly settled on Lumina. Given that the elf seemed to be having similar feelings to Sabitsuki, she briefly considered inviting her to join their little group over here provided Sabitsuki was comfortable with it. However, she didn't get the chance to make a decision one way or the other before Lumina left to take Hikaru's offer of a room. Oh well; she'd probably get another chance later.

For now, she turned to Sabitsuki. "I guess you're not sure what to make of all this, either?"

Hikaru's House - Upstairs

Anyone who headed back would find the stairs in a hallway to the back of the house, next to what was probably a bathroom going by the sight through its open door. They headed straight up, and were covered in dark carpeting. They had walls on either side, eliminating the need for railing.

The first room they'd see upon reaching the top of the stairs had its door closed. Although it wasn't marked at all, the fact that there was light coming in from the crack underneath of it indicated that it was in use somehow, and most likely it was Hikaru's own bedroom just as she had said. Surprisingly enough the door wasn't locked if anyone decided to disrespect Hikaru's privacy and try it, but whether or not anyone would want to go all the way was their decision to make.

The other rooms also had their doors closed, apart from one room on the far right of the floor that appeared to be a second bathroom. From the looks of things, these rooms had their lights turned off. Anyone who tried one of these doors would find that they opened. The rooms within were kept just as nice as the rest of the house and generally looked like an actual bedroom, if not overly fancy. They each had a bed, a nightstand, a desk, and a dresser. There was also a light switch next to the doorway that could be flicked to turn the overhead light on and off, and if that wasn't enough there was also a lamp sitting on the desk. If they cared to look hard enough, they'd find a few power outlets, although the only thing currently using them was the aforementioned lamp.

Last edited by D.L. Yomegami on 3/9/2016, 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
D.L. Yomegami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wikkit on 2/9/2016, 11:01 pm

I had a definite temptation to blurt out "Everything", but even I knew that we just didn't have the time for that kind of in-depth interview.  I stared at her in excitement, trying to come up with what felt like the most important questions when I realized she had been glancing up to the top of my head.  Chuckling a little I said, "Oh yeah, this must look pretty weird to you all, right?"  I reached up and patted it with both my normal-looking arm and my tentacley upper arm, making a light drumming sound.  "It's part of me, I was born with it like you're born with two hands.  A lot of people have metal things like this, but they're all shaped different from person to person."

Train of thought lost, I tried to come up with something.  People weren't taught much at all about what came before us, beyond that a scant few inventions were their designs, a few works were adapted from their media, and the frightfully brief descriptor of "They were beings of organic make, with finite lifespans and finite potential."  Yes, that's all that was in the textbooks about humans.  Like most, I figured it just didn't matter, but after viewing those depictions of past events I had so many questions.

That first question that came to mind, after a little bit of time spent in thought, hand to chin, wasn't the best question in retrospect.  "Oh!  Right!  I've seen some things with humans in it...you see, people like me are born in batches, like 10 or more at any given time.  I have nineteen brothers and sisters, for instance.  Why do all the humans I see only have one or two siblings at most?  Were the factories slower back then, or what?"

"Well...yes, I have no idea," I admitted after a little bit of thought on the matter.  "I hate to say it, but I don't leave the house very often nowadays.  I just do things around the house, sort of like Hikaru I guess..."

Like sometimes, I had to think a little bit before putting my thoughts into words, because I didn't want to come out with the wrong thing.  After pausing a little bit, I looked to Sophie and said, "I'm trying to mentally get ready, you know.  Get prepared to go on an adventure," with that last word given a little sarcastic edge, "and all these people aren't helping.  It's very quiet, where I live."

A little bit more formulation, trying to ignore the conversations in front of me, and I said "What do you do to...get prepared, Sophie?  You said you fight Bleaksteels, so you must be more used to this than I am."
wikkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top