A Tale of Destruction and Friendship

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Tale of Destruction and Friendship

Post by wikkit on 4/11/2016, 7:14 pm

Man...it really hadn't been the best start to a journey so far, had it?  Someone was already dead, and they hadn't even left their home yet.

For some reason Wo was feeling that, maybe, the stories she read and watched were very different from what it was like to be a real magical girl.  Maybe those were all sanitizations of the real thing.  Like, a movie of her peoples' history was definitely different than what she was told in education.  Usually it's just because they can't include all the details, but maybe they had kept it more palatable to everyone's tastes...more lighthearted.

That train of thought was broken when she realized that what was going on before her was a call for supplies.  She certainly had requirements for this, so she started digging through the compartments on her head.  Her little drone popped out, took two things in its mouth, and flew down.

It floated before Hikaru, and Wo shouted "Just give me a bagful of these.  They go a long way, so this is probably for the long run."  In the drone's mouth was a tube of nutrient paste, the same kind Wo had mixed in with her drink earlier...and an entirely featureless tube, painted entirely black.
wikkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeisTheAlcano on 6/11/2016, 3:25 pm

Hikaru's Refuge - Outside

Hikaru and the other girls had apparently already decided what to do with Aurum's body. They were going to preserve it until they could return her back to her world. Hikaru mentioned that she would start, provided no one wanted to give her an eulogy. Raquel didn't know much about her but felt that not saying at least a few words would be an insult.

"Well, I didn't talk much with her but she seemed like a nice girl. She certainly didn't deserve to die like this"

Looks like the only thing left now was ask Hikaru for anything else they needed to complete their mission.

"I'm fine the way I am. I just want to get this over with"

Raquel wasn't too sure how this was supposed to work, come to think of it. It's not like travelling through universes was something she did everyday. It only became an actual possibility like ten minutes ago.

"So, how are we going to do this? Are you going to create a portal or...?"
DeisTheAlcano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Handwavium Z Go Go Go!

Post by D.L. Yomegami on 14/12/2016, 10:22 pm

Hikaru's Refuge

"Yes, I am going to create a portal," Hikaru said to Raquel, "Just because I know where to make it to. However, what I'm also going to do is give each of you an individual gateway device so that in the future you can create portals on your own." Then, she turned to the group as a whole. "Provided no one has anything else to say...let's give this poor girl a good rest, and then I'll get you ready and send you on your way."

At that, she glanced at Aurum one last time.

"The custom of my home society was digitizing the dead with special machines," she said. She paused a moment in thought, then made a move to summon something else, "Like so many facets of it, we reverse-engineered these machines from the Alpha Devices. In fact, our rulers were uploaded directly to the Alpha Devices themselves. I don't know if it was possible to retrieve the body once it was uploaded, and given how important the Alpha Devices were to us nobody was willing to try. So as much as it'd be respectful for Aurum from my end, if we're going to return her to her home once all this is said and done I wouldn't recommend doing that."

She was soon finished with this summoning. The device in question was a large, rectangular coffin with a domed lid, that appeared to be very advanced technologically. It was already open, showing that there was easily enough room for Aurum. In fact, Hikaru might have overcompensated a little.

Once she was finished, Hikaru looked the coffin over. "For what was basically a shot in the dark, I think that will work quite nicely." Then she knelt down next to Aurum's body and attempted to gently move it into the coffin. Key word being "attempted."

"Erm...could some of you help me, please?"

Sophie, after a moment or two of hesitation, eventually stepped forward. "...Here."

At that, she activated her Divinity Spark, and in another bright flash of light she'd transformed. Then she joined Hikaru and got a good grip on Aurum. Between the two of them, plus whoever else decided to lend a hand, Aurum was moved into the coffin. Then Hikaru arranged Aurum's arms so they were lying across her chest, and then after making sure she wouldn't catch anything she closed the lid on the coffin. There were some mechanical whirrs as the coffin sealed itself, followed by the sound of it filling up with some kind of liquid.

"Here's hoping it does the job," Hikaru said, standing up, "Don't worry about moving the coffin for now. I'll handle it once you are on your way. Now give me a little while to gather everything up for you...."

At that, she turned to enter her house. It was about that point when Alice decided that, for Blaire's sake, it would be best for them to not participate in the mission and eventually return home when the means arrived. Hikaru didn't look entirely pleased to hear this, but was fully accepting of their decision. Then Hikaru went inside, with Alice following her. As Hikaru got things ready for everyone else, Alice and Blaire would then go and find themselves a room, likely bidding Sakura farewell in the process.

After quite some time spent throwing things together, Hikaru eventually returned to the group outside. Her arms were full of all of her staff, plus what appeared to be napsacks full of necessities. These she simply gently placed down at her feet once she rejoined the group.

"I tried to include a good balance of food and drink," she explained, "There should be enough in there for you to eat healthily at least, and I hope each of you will find something to your tastes in there." Then she rummaged around in the pile for a moment, before finding a particular bag and setting it apart from the others. "Wo, this one is for you in particular. I, um...maybe have overcompensated for your request. Just a little." Then to everyone else. "I still have to get one more thing for you."

Then she went back inside the house. Some minutes later, she returned carrying a group of small devices. Each of them resembled Hikaru's own, but rather than an elaborate design they simply consisted of a metallic ring surrounding a small, semi-spherical green gem.

"These are the gateway devices I was talking about. Like I previously mentioned, these are just for travel in between worlds. Or even within the same world, if need be. Once you get the hang of using them, it's even possible to use their portals for combat. Although I wouldn't recommend trying that right this moment." Then she held the devices out. "Here, each of you take one. You don't need to worry about making sure they're attached; they'll stick to whatever you put them on and taking them off is just as easy."

Sophie took a Gateway device, then glanced towards the house. "Sabitsuki said she'd help, but she's still inside right now. I'd like to go get her."

"Certainly," Hikaru replied, "The more help the better."

At that Sophie went inside, and Hikaru went back to waiting for the others to take a device.

Hikaru's House - Upstairs

Sophie made her way upstairs and to Sabitsuki's room. Or at least, what she thought was Sabitsuki's room. Then she gently yet firmly knocked on the door.

"Sabitsuki, we're getting ready to go," she said, "If you'd like to help, you should probably come out. Unless you've changed your mind, in which case we understand. Well, I understand anyway; Hikaru probably will too."
D.L. Yomegami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wikkit on 17/12/2016, 7:32 pm

flow - Sugar Hole
Odd enough that one of the few things that ever seemed to stay constant and logical here was money.  Sabitsuki never did seem to run low, and she never needed to even take it out of...wherever it was stored.  She thought about it hard enough, and then the maid brought out her drink.  Always the same sweet-tasting, but indescribable thing.  Always the silent treatment from everyone in the bar.

Well, all two of them.  The maid only ever nodded or shook her head, and the white-skinned thing next to her never reacted much either.  It was one of the only places that she could count on as being quiet, though, so it's where she ended up when she needed to think without any catharsis.  So far, all she had realized was that what she probably needed to do was get out there, work, and just try to forget what had happened before.

This was way easier said than done, considering her track record, but maybe there was one way she could go about this that would make everything easier...just treat it like a dream.  Act like nothing here is happening, and that nothing you do will matter.  Is it really the right way to approach this?  No, probably not.  Will it make it monumentally easier on her emotionally if she acted like no one-

Hikaru's House - Upstairs
She awoke with a start when Sophie knocked, and quickly got off of her chair.  She wasn't used to anyone being around to bother her when she did this, so it was startling to be suddenly awakened from her stupor like that.  Looking behind her, Sophie hadn't actually gotten in yet...which meant that she probably left the door locked earlier.

That was pretty rude of her, wasn't it?

Sabitsuki opened the door and came face-to-face with Sophie, and immediately said "Let's go, then.  I'm not going to keep them waiting."  She was still acting strangely impassive, looking past Sophie instead of right at her, but there was a hint more emotion in her voice than a few minutes ago.

Hikaru's Front Lawn
She made her way downstairs, onto the porch, off the porch and onto the front lawn, and then walked a few more feet to where Hikaru was handing out her devices.  Wo grabbed one, and looked at her apprehensively before shaking her head.  She ignored that for the moment, and said what she needed to say very plainly to Hikaru: "I'm going with the rest of them."
wikkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesShields01 on 19/12/2016, 11:21 pm

Friendship 

In the end,  Hikaru's solution to the issue of preserving Aurum's body was pretty similar to her own, so Fate merely watched and listened as the summoner went about her explanation and then the preparations themselves. Once the device was there and  Hikaru requested help with moving the body, she volunteered and so did Sophie, who transformed back in the form she had arrived in. Once Aurum was placed inside and coffin-like device was closed and filled with liquid, she kneeled down next to it and paid her respects. 

As Hikaru made to go back into her house in order to do some final preparations for the task ahead, Alice then revealed her decision to not partake in it and wait for a way back home. Fate was not entirely sure of how to feel about that. By now, it should be crystal clear just critical the whole endeavor was and though reluctant about it at first, the other girl had had agreed upon it. On the other hand, like she had argued, there was Blaire to consider. She couldn't help feeling that, had Vivio been with her and dragged into this, she might have been lead to consider a similar decision, so she couldn't honestly fault her too much for it. She bid her a heartfelt farewell and hoped that Chrono would reach them soon. She hadn't known them for long, but would miss them and the chance to get to know them better. 

After the two of them went inside, she figured it was time to get ready for the soon upcoming task. She held her hand and the little yellow triangle once again started floating over it.

She then spoke, "It's time. Bardiche, set up!"

The Device then intoned in response,  "Yes, sir. Get set," and began glowing a golden light, in the same time as similar colored, intricate magical circle appeared. Suddenly, electricity crackled around them and next, a pillar of golden light and lightning shot up from the circle and enveloped them. 

When that subsided moments later, Fate stood there in her Barrier Jacket, which looked like a sort of armor, her torso being covered in black while her hands and feet were clad in silver. Her large white cape fluttered gracefully in the soft wind of the field. In her hands she held Bardiche, now in Assault form, looking like a silver and black high tech axe, with a cylindrical chamber  on the top of the shaft and the yellow, crystal-like form of his core on each side of his head. 

After Hikaru returned with supplies, she briefly thanked her and then reached for one of the napsacks. She waited as the summoner made her way back inside and then came back carrying small ring-like devices, which turned out to the gateway devices necessary for their dimension travels. She took  one of them as offered, slipping it onto her own Device's shaft. 

She then said, "Before we are ready to depart, there is one final preparation to resolve, at least on my end. As discussed earlier, I need to replenish my cartridge stock in order to be at my fullest potential out in the field," then holding her Device more in front of her, she added, "since a demonstration of what I'm speaking of should help ... Bardiche, disassemble magazine." 

To which he then intoned, "Yes, sir," as he set about fulfilling the request. A bunch of mechanical whirlings ensued, as his part twisted and turned, mostly the cylindrical chamber, which eventuallu popped open, revealing a structure not unlike the chamber of a revolver. As she reached for one of the holes, a bullet-like object sprang up into her hand. 

Turning back to Hikaru, Fate held the object between two fingers, as she then spoke, 
"This a Belkan Cartridge. Each is filled with compressed mana, to be spent to help power up spells," she then extended the hand holding it out to the other girl, "Here, take it if that will help with the process of bring them over. A few boxes, two or three, should suffice. I'll only need a portion of that for now and we can figure out a way to the retrieve the rest as needed later." 

Lumina watched and listened intrigued as Hikaru explained about the funeral customs of her world and then brought a strange device over with her abilities. It seemed much more advanced than even anything that highly technological Mechanus could produce. In anycase, she was not at all physically strong, so she had to settle for watching as the others help transfer Aurum's body into the device. Once that was done, like Fate, she kneeled and silently paid her respects. 

She decidedly was amongst the most affected by Alice's sudden decision to sit out of the mission and await for a way back home. She had promised to help not only Hikaru, but her as well, not that she wasn't used to unfulfilled promises and rejections like that. And she could understand why. She was only looking out for her family. A child like Blaire should have to be caught up in all this. So she too bid her a heartfelt farewell and prayed that the necessary aid would reach her once. 

She waited patiently as Hikaru went inside to retrieve supplies for them all, for the task ahead.  She soon returned carrying a bunch of sacks, seemingly made of a different material from her own. 

"T-Thank you," she replied, after the summoner explained about the contents. She then slowly reached for one, then carefully transferring what she could from it to her own sack. She then tied them both together and hanged them from the first's usual place. 

After Hikaru made her second trip inside and back, this time carrying what turned out to the devices she had talked. Lumina carefully took one of those as well, then slipping on her left arm. 

With those preparations seemingly done, she then said, "I-I'm ready, so whenever you all ate as well ... Let's do this ... " 

Hikaru's Refuge - House -> Outside

Sakura, Kero and Flower continued to keep Blaire entertained, until Hikaru and Alice came into the room, with the announcement that the latter and her child would not in fact be taking part in the mission and they would here in the house until the arrangements to take them back home were realized. Goodbyes proved to be a bit difficult and in the case between the younger girl and Kero, more than a bit teary. Finally, they watched subduedly as the pair made their way uptairs. 

While Hikaru went further inside in order to get a few things, she had Flower clean the petals spread over the room and then returned her to her Card form, just in time to see Hikaru come back, carrying more than a few sacks along with her staff. She seemed to be managing it and didn't request much assistance beyond handing her of one of them, probably intending to give it to her anyway. They then followed her back to where the others still where. 

She couldn't help noticing the strange coffin-like machine sitting in the middle of all of them, nor that, on a closer look, it seemed to be where Aurum had been placed. Like the others before her, she quickly paid her requests. 

She them watched as Hikaru distributed the rest of the supplies to the others and then made another trip inside. After she returned with the ring-like devices, she took one and carefully placed on one of her arms. 

Still a bit subduedly, she then said, "Well, I'm ready too, so whenever you're are ... "
JamesShields01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

World 1 Start!

Post by D.L. Yomegami on 3/1/2017, 10:37 pm

Hikaru's Refuge

Sophie couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at how direct Sabitsuki was, but shrugged it off as just a result of everything that happened earlier. It hadn't been that long; she couldn't blame the other girl for not having recovered entirely.

Otherwise, she just nodded and followed Sabitsuki down, in the process putting her Gateway Device on her chest to the right of her Divinity Spark's jewel. She had no idea what would happen if she tried transforming with the Gateway Device attached to her, but at the same time she didn't see any reason to not be transformed for the events ahead of her. She just made a note to remember to take the device off whenever she wanted to change back.

As soon as she made it outside, she stood back and waited for everyone else to finish preparing.

Hikaru, meanwhile, responded to Sabitsuki's statement with a small smile and a nod. "All right then, if you feel you're ready. Just take one of these and I'll be right with all of you."

At that, she handed Sabitsuki a Gateway Device. Once Sabitsuki took it, she then turned to Fate and examined the cartridge she pulled out. "All right then. Just give me a moment...."

Then she made to summon the cartridges, picturing both the cartridge and what she imagined the boxes for them looking like. One rune and a few moments later, Fate had plenty to work with. Plenty, as in well over the amount of boxes she asked for. There were at least twenty in the pile Hikaru summoned.

Hikaru looked at the pile, then back at Fate with a sheepish smile. "Oops. I...might have overcompensated a little...." She shrugged. "...At least you won't have to worry about running out anytime soon....?"

As soon as everyone else had prepared and taken a device, Hikaru finally started the explanation for the Gateway Devices.

"Since not everyone who used a Gateway Device in my world was also a mage, they were designed in such a manner that anyone could use them. Even a child, though naturally children weren't given them willy-nilly. You never know when your kid might decide to travel a few dimensions over." She let out a small chuckle, then continued. "Anyway, once they're attached they'll be attuned to your thoughts. Just think of the place you wish to go...."

She closed her eyes, and then swung her arm straight out in front of her with her hand opened. In response, her Device glowed brightly. Then a rune appeared in the air in front of her, vertically aligned, similar yet different from the ones she used to summon the group and the items they all requested. It started small, but grew outwards until it was taller than Wo. In the middle of it was what was clearly a different world from the Refuge. Just looking in, the group would be able to see a land in perpetual night yet bathed in starlight, with no civilization to be seen.

"...And there you have it!" Hikaru finished as soon as the process finished, "You don't need a specific location in mind to use a Gateway Device; it'll randomly select the closest nearby world that meets whatever you have in mind. Though I should warn you that it might not be what you expect...." She shook her head. "...Anyway, now that you know this place you won't need me to bring you back from the world on the other side of the portal I just created. You can just return on your own."

She looked through the portal herself. "...Oh yes, I should probably explain a little about the place you're going. I just call it the Starlit Wilds, because that's basically what they are. There's no people living there, just some local wildlife. None of it is overly threatening, though some of it might be a bit on the large side. Most of it's just forest, mountains...stuff like that. There are some randomly scattered ruins there, though. Probably built by whoever was living there before the calamity that shattered it and sent this particular piece to join this local group of fragments. Also, while it's always nighttime there there's still enough light to be see by. The sky's filled with stars and...."

She paused. "...Basically, it's a really pretty place with no real dangers to my knowledge so long as you don't anger the really large animals. Of all the places for an Alpha Device to land, we got really lucky that one landed in there. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly where it could have landed. I looked around myself many times, but beyond recognizing the signal it's sending out I never was able to pinpoint its location." She shrugged. "But it's not like anything there's going to pressure you to find it outside the Zero Collapse. You should be fine, and on the off chance you're not I gave you the Gateway Devices for a reason. Don't hesitate to come back here if there's ever a problem.

"So, unless you have any other questions...I think it's time for you to get going. While you're away I'll work on giving Aurum a nice place to rest as well as tweaking that device some more so the rest of you can contact your homes. Maybe even find a way for you to get back home easily." She offered one final, hopefully encouraging smile. "Good luck."

Starlit Wilds

The other side of the portal lead to a clearing in the middle of a large forest. The group's arrival would scare off a small group of what could be described as rabbits, if rabbits had dark blue fur, pupil-less turquoise eyes, and four ears that looked more like wings. They dashed into the forest before the group could really get a good look at them, but chances were they'd be looking around at the rest of the local scenery.

The grass beneath their feet could be called grass, but instead of being green it was a shade of dark blue. The surrounding trees were similar, but their leaves glowed with a bright blue shade instead, and some of them had spherical globules at the ends of their branches instead of leaves. In the front off in the distance a large mountain range could be seen.

If the surrounding flora wasn't pretty enough for the group, looking up would reveal a breathtaking nighttime sky filled with bright stars. These were more than just bright dots; these were close enough that galaxies could be made out. One particularly close spiral galaxy seemed to be this world's equivalent to a moon. The Zero Collapse was not easily seen, although if the group looked hard enough they'd be barely able to make out the black speck against the otherwise dark blue sky.

Furthermore, it seemed it was raining shooting stars, or something that resembled falling starlight. However, if the fact that the place wasn't bursting into flames was any indication, these falling sparks were harmless. If they hit anyone, they simply bounced off before dissipating into nothing.

There wasn't anything immediately noteworthy beyond the general scenery. If the group wanted to start looking, they were going to have to look around.

D.L. Yomegami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wikkit on 5/1/2017, 8:41 pm

Starlit Wilds - Big Adventure Awaits
Both the tall, white-haired girl and her considerably shorter white-haired not-really-a-friend stepped foot onto the foreign grasses of their destination, a journey in two steps. Wo was in wo-nderment over the amazing idea of moving across the world in a flash. Even with the fastest technology at home, it takes a whole day to cross the globe. The forces involved must be stupendous!

Sabitsuki, on the other hand, huffed and wished she had brought a coat.

In a rare bit of extrovertedness from everyone's dream girl, Sabitsuki looked around the area with half-lidded eyes, and offered her own guidance to the group: "So...where do we start? Not like I can see anything out here." The wilds around her did seem serene and dreamlike (like what normal people dream), but as she traced the path of a falling bit of starlight she wasn't terribly impressed. It was all pretty "basic" looking.

Said piece of starlight came down and lightly rattled the top of Wo's massive head, feeling more like someone beaned her with crumpled-up paper, she tried to turn her attention away from how the light was breaking apart into fine dust and cascading all around her, because she had some universe saving to do. "I can cover more ground in the air, but I probably shouldn't go by myself. We'll cover more ground if we split up, anyway."

Yes, just like in the ancient texts! They always split up when they had to do these kinds of things. The wisdom contained in them never abated. "Can anyone else fly?"
wikkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesShields01 on 7/1/2017, 1:48 am

Hikaru's Refuge -> Starlit Wilds

Fate's eyes widened quite a bit in shock at the overabundance of boxes that Hikaru ended up producing, indeed far more than she had asked for or likely would ever need. It was also quite a bit more than she had requested in permission from Hayate ... But while it would be probably easy to have the summoner return the surplus, in the end, she supposed that she couldn't know how long this would all take or how intense the conflicts during it might get. It was a critical mission and she should be able to get her comrades at the TSAB to understand it down the line. 

So after taking it in, she then said, "It is indeed likely quite a bit more than necessary ... But I guess we can't know just yet how hard this all may potentially get. For now, I'll take a portion of it to complete my magazine stocks and leave the majority of it back here. We can figure out the whole logistics of it later. In anycase, thank you for your assistance," with that said, she then went over to the nearest box and lifted its metallic lid. She then reached in and took a few dozen cartridges, first insering a few to replete Bardiche's current six cartridge, revolver-like magazine, before filing the rest into the compartment from which he would reload from. 
MagicalChe
Once those preparations were done, she would wait out until Hikaru had gotten their transport ready and then would almost immediately step through, quickly followed by Lumina, Sakura, Kero and presumably the rest of them. 

Even Fate was quite a bit impressed at how seamless the transfer to their new location had been. She took a moment to look through the serene scenery around her. Most of the kind of wildlife present wasn't quite like anything she had seen and what seemed to be falling starlight was quite noteworthy as well. 

Her companions were right though. They were here as part of their crucial mission and didn't have much time to waste. She couldn't anything that would help towards their search from this current location. Fortunately, Wo did offer a pretty good suggestion. Scouting from the sky would probably be their best chance to find anything. 

"I can certain help in such a task. Let's see if we can find something," she readily replied, before taking a light impulse off the ground and towards the starry sky above. Once she was at what she deemed to be high enough, she would stay afloat there and look for any places that might be worth investigating further. And given what they were searching for, there was one more thing that she could do ... 

"Bardiche, could you please try searching for any signs of any significant magical signature, aside from those of us gathered here? I don't know how really similar or not they are, but perhaps looking for a signature like that of a Lost Logia might help point us toward this Alpha Device," she requested. 

To he intoned,  "Affirmitive, sir. Commencing search within those parameters," , at which point his core shone with a bright golden and flashed with a few Mid-Childan runes, as he set about the task. 

Sakura couldn't help looking in wonder at their destination for a bit. It was quite pretty, between all the strange but yet beautiful life surrounding and specially of all, the star filled night sky above them. It all led to a very warm and serene sensation. 

It was then with a bit of difficulty that she was taken out of her reverie by the question of they should do next. That was right, they did have something really important to do here. Everyone was in danger, so she had to focus on find what they needed to prevent that. 

So as Wo suggested looking up from the air to help them search better, she said, "I can do it as well, with a little help ... Just give a moment ... " 

Taking out one of the first Cards from her Book, which depicted what seemed to a majestic, large bird-like creature, she repeated the same process as she had earlier with The Flower, only changing her chant to what she was upon instead. 

"Fly, grant me your graceful wings, The Fly!" she chanted as the Card spinned above her Wand. Energy flowed from it, converging onto her back, until a pair of large wings formed upon it. 

"Alright, let's do this," she uttered as she took flight and joined the others up high, quickly followed by Kero. They then proceeded to help with searching through the landscape below, for any signs of what they were looking for. 

Lumina ended up feeling quite at ease with her new surroundings. She much preferred a serene, more natural setting like this, or even the field back at Hikaru's place, rather than busy cities like the Citadel. It reminded her a bit of home, though it probably more closely resembled what she had heard about the Storybook of Demoria. 

Her next instinct was wonder any of the vegatation around might be worthy gathering for use as herbs and such. She didn't know anything about the properties of such foreign beings however, so it was probably better to leave that pursuit aside for now. Maybe later she could talk with Hikaru about find a method to identify such things more efficiently. 

There was soon talk about how they should proceed with their quest. A few of other girls decided that it would be best to split up for a bit and search using their ability to fly. 

"I-I'm afraid I can't do much to help with that ... " She commented and then what watched for a bit as a few of them took to the sky. After they had gotten high up, she would turn to those that were left around her and added, "W-Well ... I suppose we could try to find something on our own ... Or maybe we should wait to see if they'll spot anything ... "
JamesShields01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeisTheAlcano on 10/1/2017, 10:16 pm

Hikaru and Sophie put Aurum's body on a coffin and the former prepared to give her a proper burial back in her homeworld. They seemed to have everything under control so Raquel stayed away from the scene. Dead bodies made her feel uneasy for obvious reasons. Meanwhile, Wo got the supplies she needed from the summoner and Raquel still couldn't help but grimace at the sight of her magic sphere. That thing really creeped her out.

The whole team got fancy bracelets to help them travel to where they needed to go. Hikaru advised them not to try using them in combat until they got the hang of it. Raquel rolled her eyes at the warning, she was already used to creating portals but teleporting herself? Now that was something she needed to try!

"So, these things can let us go wherever we want? Interesting" she smiled thinking the possibilities such a device would entail.

With the preparations done, Hikaru revealed that the group had to travel some forest in the middle of nowhere. Raquel had expected something much more bizarre so she was fine with a seemingly normal forest. And there were no people to boot!

"Well, I thought we were going to a stranger place but I'm not complaining"

Starlit Wilds

The place was right as Hikaru had described it: a normal looking forest with a beatiful night sky and not that many animals to speak of. The grass was blue for some reason but she could work with that, it wasn't the worst thing after getting forcefully summoned from her world.

"Huh, it's night again" she put on her glasses "Much better now"

Wo decided to take the initiative and told the team to split up so they could cover more ground. If she wanted to fly and look for the Alpha device on her own, Raquel wasn't going to stop her. Lumina didn't seem on board with her plan, though, and was trying to figure out the best course of action. Fate didn't waste time using her extravagant machine to find the device's magical signature.

"I don't know about you but I want to get this over with as fast as I can. I say we walk in a straight line until we find something" she said, tinkering with the gateway device "It would be great if this thing could get us to the Alpha device but it's not cooperating with me"
DeisTheAlcano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami on 12/1/2017, 7:04 pm

Starlit Wilds - Ground

Sophie simply listened quietly to Hikaru's explanation. After the portal to the Wilds were opened were opened and everyone went through it, she saw no reason to not join them and hopped through as well.

The idea of travelling long distances in an instant had been intriguing, but truth be told she hadn't been thinking about it much. After all, if Hikaru had the means to transport a bunch of people from worlds far apart from each other to one location instantly, surely she had the means of doing the opposite. Granted, she wasn't sure just how far this place was from Hikaru's home, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to put that much thought into it.

So instead, she decided to just take in the scenery, like everyone else had. Judging by her awestruck expression, she was very impressed by it indeed. She was sure she'd never see a place like this in her lifetime, or at least not while the Bleaksteel still had an iron grip on her world. All the more reason she had to keep fighting for it, and all the more reason she had now to stop a giant black hole from destroying everything.

Which brought her mind back to the mission at hand, just in time to hear everyone else discuss their next plan of action.

"I can fly as well, but...." she started, looking around at the group assembled. She really didn't know the full extent of Raquel's, Lumina's, or Sabitsuki's abilities, but it wasn't much of a stretch to assume they weren't quite as equipped as Fate, Sakura, or Wo were. Not that she could really compare to those three either, but if they needed to fight she could at least help absorb hits for everyone else. "...I think I'll just stay with the others on the ground, for now. We probably shouldn't split our abilities too haphazardly, anyway...."

Once the aerial group took off, she looked around. To Raquel she said, "I think we should probably try to find a path or something. Just running into the forest ahead doesn't sound smart; what if we need to backtrack?"

Right as she finished saying that she caught sight of just such a path.

"...Like that one," she finished, pointing at it. The path in question looked like it was broken by an animal, and whatever animal broke it likely didn't have a specific location in mind. But a path was a path, wasn't it?

Starlit Wilds - Air

The view from the air revealed that this part of the Wilds appeared to be a valley of some kind. Actually, it was more apt to call it half a valley; if the group were to turn around, they'd see that the forest simply stretched out into infinity with nothing noticeable in them, not unlike the fields surrounding Hikaru's Refuge. Chances were that they were near the edge of this world.

The mountain range appeared to go on for quite a ways, as well. There didn't seem to be an end to it to the east or west, assuming the group was currently facing north. How far it continued north was not easily discerned from this distance. The forest in front of them appeared to be widespread. However, not far ahead of them there was a long, horizontal, narrow gap in the trees. Judging by the irregularity of its path, it was likely a river of some kind.

Fate's scan would reveal that pretty much everything here had some kind of weak magical aura, with some places being stronger than others. On the whole it made the readings much fuzzier than they'd otherwise be and made it nigh-impossible to make out exact positions, but she'd still be able to make out two very strong readings among the various others.

The first was a steady pulse far to the east of their current position. It didn't appear to be moving, and the nature of the signal indicated something that was most likely technological in nature. Chances were it was the Device they sought.

The second stood out for just how much it clashed against everything else the scan picked up. In some ways it bore a similarity to the first signal, but this was drowned out by the fact that this one seemed warped in a very haphazard manner. Furthermore, it was moving fairly quickly, in such a manner that suggested it was a living being. Or was it three living beings? It actually appeared to be three separate beings, but they moved as if they were one.

It also came from the east, closer to the group than the pulse but far enough away that it wasn't likely they'd run into it unless they actively sought it out. Judging by the fact that the distance between the two signals was growing shorter, it seemed to be heading towards the pulse as well....
D.L. Yomegami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeisTheAlcano on 19/1/2017, 11:01 pm

Starlit Wilds - Ground

After hearing her rather simplistic suggestion, Sophie told Raquel that they could just follow the path she was pointing at.

"Works for me" she said, walking along the path. It was still hard to believe this was really happening "Man, I still can't believe I'm actually doing this. I mean, I just found out there are other worlds out there and suddenly they are all in danger? That's a bit hard to swallow"

With no humans on sight, she wondered what sort of creature could create a path like that. It had to be big and it probably didn't look like anything she had ever seen before.

"Mhmm. I can't imagine what made this. Hikaru said this place was uninhabited, right?"
DeisTheAlcano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wikkit on 20/1/2017, 11:16 pm

Sabitsuki - Starlit Wilds
Now, those of you with astute eyes and good memories might be thinking at this time, "Hey, why isn't Sabitsuki up in the sky? She can fly just like the rest of them!" Well, there's a very simple answer: she didn't feel like it.

Like usual, the ground was always more stable, her two legs much firmer on the firmament than wrapped around a broom, flying high in the air and just asking to fall off to her death wasn't her idea of a safe trip. That, and even if tensions between them might be strained, Sophie was down here for the moment. She had an easier time talking to her than anyone else so far, and she was going to keep at it.

"Uninhabited, but she did mention there'll be things living here," she said to Raquel as she got closer to the path. Another dull burst of orange and a pipe once again appeared in her hands, which she used to uselessly prod at a broken branch. Then, she took the pipe in both hands and swung it hard against a tree, shaking the whole thing and making enough noise to alert whatever was around them to their position.

A few seconds of waiting, and she said "If it's still around, it ain't close. Let's move, then."
wikkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesShields01 on 31/1/2017, 12:10 am

]Starlit Wilds

After finishing with the scan, Bardiche reported, "At least residual ammounts of magical signature detected from all around the surrounding area. Hard to distinguish. However, there is also a much stronger signal being emitted from the far east. Also, an unusual arrangement of three identical signals, rapidly approaching the direction of the former,"

Fate mulled this over, as she descended back down and thus heard the others back in the ground point out a large path brokered through the woods. She had a bad feeling about those three other signature. They might need to reach their target as fast as possible. Added to the seemingly large distance, normally she would have promptly settled on speeding through the sky. However, there were some in the group that wouldn't be able to follow. They had no known to communicate with each other over long distances and while they could possily used the devices given by Hikaru to bridge the gap, without the former, the others wouldn't know where to aim for.

So she gently float down until she was only slightly above the ground group and relayed, "That seems to be our best option for now, indeed. But we need to make for the east as soon as possible, towards what seems to be our target. We may need to hurry. I am rather worried about the trio of signals headed towards there as well," With that, she started to fly a bit higher above the path, trying to stay ahead of the group in order to be able spot and quickly respond to, still with Bardiche's help, to anything of interest or any potential hazards, while still making sure she was were within sight of the others and vice versa.

Having not much in the way of objections or anything else to add in regards to the current plan, Sakura and Kero settled for tralling behind Fate through the air, while Lumina stayed grouped up with other back in the ground and started to wade through the opening with them.

Last edited by JamesShields01 on 3/2/2017, 8:59 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Font change for better readability)
JamesShields01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami on 3/2/2017, 11:09 pm

Starlit Wilds

"She also said nothing's really dangerous if we don't bother them...." Sophie added as she followed after Raquel and Sabitsuki.

She trailed off when the latter manifested a pipe and whacked a tree hard enough to shake it. This was followed by loud squawking as a pair of black and dark blue creatures that looked like some kind of cross between a duck and a bat flew out of the tree and off into the night. If that wasn't startling enough on its own, what appeared to be an egg fell out of the three and landed squarely on Sabitsuki's head, breaking open and splattering its contents all over her.

Sophie winced. "...Are you okay, Sabitsuki?" Then she turned to Raquel and Lumina. "Do either of you have a paper towel or something?"

Right about then, Fate and the others returned from the sky, bringing news of both the potential location of the Alpha Device and a trio of something else that appeared to be heading in that direction. Sophie looked up at them and frowned.

"Hikaru did say nothing here was really dangerous, so...are these other three things something we really need to worry about?" she asked, before glancing at Sabitsuki again. "Um...also, Sabitsuki has egg on her. Literally. Do you have something to help her wipe it off?"

If the group continued on ahead, they'd continue along the path for a while with nothing really noteworthy standing out, except for the calls of the animals sounding off around them. After a while of walking, however, the aerial group would begin to hear what sounded like flowing water.
D.L. Yomegami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wikkit on 6/2/2017, 1:03 am

Wo - Starlit Skies
They weren't the only ones here?  Well, that seemed like many a tale of old, the sudden twist of fate that makes things more complicated than they were before.  Wo didn't even know that these signals were even people yet, but she immediately was jumping to the fantastic end of the spectrum.  Just what could it be?

When they ducked low to bring the news, Wo briefly reached up for an old rag she had hidden somewhere in her head just for these kinds of emergencies, but Sabitsuki got the problem solved.  It was probably a good thing, too, because that old rag was covered in dirt and oil last time she got to it. The labyrinth of her skull was something she could only ever decipher by touch, and whatever found its way in there will inevitably be lost to time.

Passing them over to continue onward, she asked in a very shouty way over the sound of the wind, "Do those signals look like people? Do they look like anything?"

...Shows how whacking things in real life is good for her, huh?

Sabitsuki's demeanor was already kind of poor considering all that's happened when she got in here, but ending up with this just reward for disturbing the sanctity of nature and violating the peace of the forest didn't help out matters one bit.  Sabitsuki slowly turned away from the rest of the group, slowly boiling in her own ineffectual anger, as she tried to deal with her newfound status of being an egghead.

When Sophie asked around for a towel or something, she was quick to answer the call herself.  "No, don't bother.  I can fix it myself."  Another orange flash and the pipe disappeared, replaced with the black hoodie that appeared on her person.  She roughly took it off, and started to quietly scrub away at the dead batbird that had found its home on her.  "Just...let's keep on moving.  Don't bother, seriously."
wikkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeisTheAlcano on 8/2/2017, 9:26 pm

Starlit Wilds - Ground

Sabitsuki made sure that no animal was in their vicinity by swinging a metal pipe at one of the trees. After not hearing a response she was now sure that nothing was going to bother them for the time being. And she was right, except for a few bat-birds that flew and an egg that fell on her head.

"Looks like you spoke too soon" and she needed a towel now. Raquel had nothing like that and she certainly wasn't going to give Sabitsuki her coat "Sorry, I've got nothing"

Fate landed not far from the group in the ground having detected some signatures going to where their target was located. Wo landed shortly after her and had some questions about the nature of those signals. She wasn't the only one.

"Wait, what did you see?"
DeisTheAlcano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesShields01 on 12/2/2017, 9:35 pm

Starlit Wilds

With the issue of the mess on Sabitsuki rapidly cleared up by the girl herself, Fate set about to responding to the enquiries from the group. 

Firstly, regarding the issue of the importance of the moving signatures, she said to Sophie, "Well, they are also moving towards our target, which granted could be a coincidence ... And yes, Hikaru did say that, but that could be not accounting for something similar to us, arriving from the outside after whatever scanning or probing she did. It could indeed nothing, but ... I got a bad feeling about this. Let's at least keep an eye for it. Our priority is to reach our target as quick as possible, anyway. If they are after it as well, we just have to get it to first." 

In response to Wo's and Raquel's enquiries about the nature of the trio of moving signals, she turned her gaze to her Device and merely asked, "Bardiche?" 

In turn he reported, "Unclear. Distance and excessive background signatures, as well as the presence of heavy distortionsin the surrounding area, compromising an exact reading. However, pattern of movement and signal type would suggest presence of living beings."

Fate furrowed her brow at the mention of distortions, saying, "OK, that definitely sounds worrying. Wildlife shouldn't cause that kind of effect, though I obviously don't know much about what life here is like ... In anycase, Bardiche, please stay alert to any approach from those signals and inform me of it at first notice." 

To which the Device intoned in response, " Yes, sir. Understood." 

After that, she started to ascend towards the sky once again, still being mindful of the distance between the aerial group and the grounded one. Eventually, she managed to mske out the somewhat quiet sound of rushing water. 

Descending a bit again, she called out, "There seems to be flowing water, probably a river, nearby. Why don't we check that out? Maybe if we follow that, it will take us closer to our destination."  

Sakura listened in both wonder and worry as Bardiche gave his report, the former due to being amazed at how just advanced the Device seemed to be, the latter, caused by fright at just powerful the detected entities seemed to be. 

Something that could affect reality on that level, similar to some of the Cards ... If we they had to fight those off, they have their work cut out for them. Fortunately, between all of them, it should be at least manageable. 

At the suggestion of heading towards the river, she nodded and said, "Sounds like a plan." 

Back on the ground, Lumina was quite startled when a large egg fell on Sabitsuki after she whacked a tree. They were standing enough apart so that, if it had been something actually dangerous, the other girl would have easily been outside of the range of barrier in her unaugmented form. She would have to correct that and be ready to activate her Augmenter at next slight notice of danger. It wouldn't do to leave her newfound comrades unprotected like this ... 

She also unfortunately didn't have anything to help Sabitsuki with her ensuing predicament, so it was thankful that the girl herself found a way to sort it out ... 

That settled, she edged closer to the rest of the ground group, getting as much in the middle of them as possibly, to more easily cover as many as she could under her protection. 

At the suggestion for how to continue their travel and locate their target, she uttered, 
"Y-Yeah, that would work for me as well ... " 
JamesShields01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami on 13/2/2017, 2:10 am

Starlit Wilds

"Well, if you say so...." Sophie said in response to Sabitsuki's refusal for help. Fortunately it looked like she had it figured out on her own, but she was a little concerned with how well she took it, or rather the lack thereof. She could only hope it'd sort itself out soon.

In the meantime, practically everyone else was wondering about those three signals, so Sophie just remained quiet and listened to Fate's (and Bardiche's) report on the matter. Unfortunately, it sounded like whatever they were was potentially dangerous, or at least just as interested in their target as they themselves were.

She didn't have any additional comments on the matter nor any objections to Fate's plan, so she just followed silently after the others.

As they continued along the pathway, it wouldn't be long until the ground group would be able to hear the flowing water as well. Actually, it was more apt to describe it as flowing liquid; it didn't sound quite the same as simple water would. As they got further ahead, they'd see a bright source of light just up ahead.

They'd emerge in front of the river the aerial group viewed from up high. Now that it wasn't obscured by trees, they could see it was a river of what appeared to be light blue, opaque liquid light. It was difficult to tell which way it was flowing given the nature of its contents, but it seemed to be from east to west, assuming the group was facing north. The path they found seemed to have ended there, but there was enough shoreline to make up for the lack of path.

There didn't seem to be an obvious way to get across the river, but considering half the group could fly this was likely less of a problem than it looked.
D.L. Yomegami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wikkit on 18/2/2017, 9:04 pm

Wo - Starlit Skies
Living things, huh? Well, ain't that a change of pace! Lots of living things out here right now, but this should account for all of them on this planet. A real twist of fate, indeed! "What if they're someone else with the same idea? If all of everything's in danger of non-existence, there's got to be someone with the First-born wisdom to try and fix it this way," she offered to Fate. "There's no way we can be the only ones out here trying to stop it."

Then, her train of thought was stopped with the appearance of a veritable river of light! In the way, but terribly pretty-looking! There wasn't anything like this back in Wo's home, everyone can see in the dark too well. She didn't doubt in the slightest that this was just delaying the mission, but she had to go inspect it closer.

Wo dove low along the river, tracing a line in the light with the end of her staff, just to see how it would react. She'd clear it soon enough, but it was a nice few seconds of beauty.

A river of light...a pretty-looking thing in the way. In spite of the beauty around her, Sabitsuki wasn't going to have any of it. This was supposed to be a multiverse-saving tour, right? Not a sight-seeing one. The more attention she spent on it, the less she would looking around for problems. This included above, which Sabi was giving a lot more attention to for some reason. Her hair was still sticky...

Well, nothing else to do here. Provided she wasn't cutting into the fun time of anyone else in this group, like that jellyfish woman across the way, she transformed herself once again...and this time, it was a little more extensive. Her hair was done in a ponytail, with a bright red ribbon and a dark purple dress around her torso. Truly, a complete makeover in the span of seconds!

Also, she was sitting on a broom, floating a couple feet off the ground, but that was besides the point. She said "Whoever's the lightest..." before stopping. It really was unlikely, after everything had been pointed out, that she'd transfer her sickness to someone, but she still worried. Worried for a good two seconds she did, because like that was going to help them get across this river.

"...Yes, whoever's lightest, get on. It should hold both of us."
wikkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeisTheAlcano on 18/2/2017, 10:53 pm

Starlit Wilds - Ground

Fate's... thing explained that there were signals corresponding with living beings. She proposed walking in the direction of a nearby river.

"Uh, sure" Raquel said, following after her. There was no point in arguing otherwise since she could fly and had some sort of tracking device.

Still, this thing about living beings being in the zone was a bit worrying. Hikaru had said everything would be all right and the hardest part would be finding the Alpha Device and Raquel certainly wasn't expecting to find resistance.

"I don't get it. Hikaru said this place was uninhabited, what would someone be doing here?" Wo reasoned that maybe some people were trying to help save every universe, just like them "Unless... unless, they are not people and instead they are some sort of wild animal. See? This is why I prefer living in a city, you don't hear of people getting killed by wild boars there"

The girls found a luminous blue-ish river. Of what, Raquel wasn't exactly sure.

"That's not water, isn't it?"

Raquel approached the river and kneeled near its edge. Her first instinct was to put her hand in the 'water' but considering it could be something dangerous she opted to let someone else touch it for her. But where would she find someone willing to do something so dangerous?

"In you go" she said, as she put one of her spiders on the water.

Sabitsuki wasn't that interested in the river and instead decided to start carrying people to the other side by floating with a broom she had summoned. Complete with new clothes and a new hairstyle.

"...you can do that?"
DeisTheAlcano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami on 26/2/2017, 1:22 am

Starlit Wilds

Upon reaching the river, Sophie took the time to take in the scenery. If she thought this place was pretty before, she was realizing that it was just getting prettier.

She walked over to the water's...light's? Whatever the stuff in this river was called, and knelt down next to it, looking into it. She wasn't sure exactly what she was looking for, because the only thing she saw was just opaque light. She couldn't see the bottom nor tell if there was anything living in it. She was tempted to put her hand in it, but decided against it. Just because it looked pretty didn't mean it was harmless, and even though she could just regrow her hand if it got burnt off it'd still really hurt. Plus that wasn't a sight she really wanted to subject the others to.

Speaking of which, there wasn't any time to be fawning over the scenery. Not when they had competition for what was presumably the Alpha Device. At that, she stood up again and faced Wo as the robot jellyfish girl proposed her theory on the signals.

"That's a possibility, though if true they'd have to know about the Alpha Devices," she said, frowning, "Maybe they're survivors from Hikaru's world?" She shrugged. "Did Hikaru say anything about other survivors from her world?"

Then her attention turned to Sabitsuki, who had transformed herself into a witch on a broomstick, and who was currently offering a ride to whoever was the lightest. Taking a cue from her, she turned to the group as a whole.

"Anyone Sabitsuki can't carry, I can. If there's anyone who still needs a lift after she's done. Assuming the plan is to cross the river, anyway...."

The substance in the river was thick enough for Raquel's spider to be able to walk on the surface provided it kept moving. Judging by the fact it wasn't getting painfully dissolved or otherwise harmed any more than ordinary water would it was likely safe to the touch, and judging by the speed the river carried the spider it was flowing fairly quickly, but not as fast as a river of water would. It also proved that the river was indeed flowing from east to west.

Likewise, Wo would have a little more trouble dragging her staff through the river than she might have expected, although it was hardly enough force to drag it right out of her hands or even drastically slow it down. When she made it to the other side and pulled her staff out, she'd find that none of the substance had clung to it.

Perhaps more importantly, she'd also see another path on the other side of the river. This one was a decidedly different sort than the one they were just walking, as it appeared to be more deliberately made. Furthermore, if Wo were to take a closer look, she would find some half-buried cobblestones covered in a soft, glowing moss.
D.L. Yomegami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesShields01 on 26/2/2017, 8:12 am

Starlit Wilds

For a few moments, Fate marveled at the sight now before her. As with pretty much everything else in this world, it wasn't like anything else she had seen before. It seemed it was filled with some sort of ... Liquid light?

However, as the constant questions about the nature of those other signals indicated, they really didn't have to stop and admire this for long, despite how awespiring and breath-taking it may be ...

"Well ... I suppose it is not ... Impossible that this could be some sort of wildlife. After all, we don't know much about the kind of life that exists here, though what we have seen is probably different from anything most, if not all of us have ever known. Regardless, I find it hard to believe that any wildlife would just happen to cause such an effect on reality. Something is definitely off there ..." she said on the matter. After pondering over it a little for a short while, she added,
"I don't think Hikaru ever explicitily mentioned any other survivors from her world. It is possible that would be others. Such people would be the most likely to know about the Zero Collapse and the Alpha Devices. And it is also possible that they would be also trying to put a stop to all this. It would be great to have some unexpected allies in ths matter. We will only certain of any of it once we reach our destination, so let's focus on that for now ..."

Sabitsuki turned into a form that would allow her to carry herself and someone else over the strange river. It seemed that Sophie also had a manner do likewise. And while Raquel's and Wo's expirements with the strange substant seem to indicate that it was apparently harmless, it was still not known how hard it would be for a large being, such as them, to cross it, as opposed to a relatively smaller spider. In anycase, the matter of getting past this river seemed to be mostly settled, if that was their aim ..

Going a bit higher in order to have a better look of the landscape, after a while descended back and reported, "As Bardiche's scan revealed that our objective lies to the far east, it would be best if we headed in that direction as soon as possible. If this river is flowing from east to west, as it seems to be then the best course of action would be to follow it upstream."

As most of the others, once Sakura reached the sight of the river of light. In fact, she just stood there in air for a while, staring at it and once saying, "Oh, that's so pretty ... ""

Kero however, was having none of it and somewhat forcefully said,
"Sakura, focus! We have something important to do, remember?"

Which snapped her right out it. Shaking her head a bit and blushing, she said, "Right ... We still have to find that Alpha Device after all ... "

Sabitsuki could carry someone over the river along with her. And while Sophie seemed to have a way to do it likewise, it would probably best to not have too much of them tiring themselves too much so soon ... Thankfully, she thought she had anothef solution ..

While pulling a Card out, while preparing to use it, she spoke,
"It think I can help as well ... This should only safely work for something short like this, but it will do for now ..." then went through the whole process, throwing the Card and makng it spin over the Wand, as she called out, "Float, help carry our new friends over this strange river, The Float!"

A large, red balloon, with a white wing on either side of its top, then appeared close to where Lumina, Sophie and Raquel stood.

"There, that should it. It should safely hold at least two people, so just hop on it and it should float you over right across," she then explained.

Lumina found the new sight truly awe-inspiring. Even while traveling through so many different lands, she had never encounter something like this ... It was almost like flowing, liquid light. And it seemed to be mostly safe, though it was not quite clear if it would easily for them to cross it directly.

Several of the others offered help with alternative ways of getting across, including Sophie, who apparently wasn't as groundbound as she had seemed. Was she just staying down here to keep the rest of them company? That was really nice of her, if it was the case. Or maybe she just couldn't do otherwise for long or it took too much effort ... The latter was the case, then the help Sakura also provided would really come in handy. Better to save it for a real emergency if it was really the case ...

Looking back and for between Sabitsuki and the large, round floating object for a bit, she then spoke up, she then turned to Sophie and Raquel, she said, "Um ... I don't mind being last so ... Just go with what you would prefer... "
JamesShields01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wikkit on 3/3/2017, 4:40 pm

Wo & Sabitsuki - Starlit Path?
Strange and even stranger, their mission got. Wo tilted her head in confusion, looking at the cobble for a moment before she realized the significance of it. She yelled over to the people on the other side of the bank, and said "Hey, come look at this!"

The first to respond was Sabitsuki of all people. Noticing that just about everyone had their own solutions to flight, she rolled her eyes after a few successive rejections and flew over herself, wondering what Octopus Girl might have in store. In truth, she's been trying to avoid her for a while now, because...well, you know, robot alien girl. She was still convinced her head and her hat were separate entities.

Coming to a stop at her side, she looked down at where Wo pointed with her staff, which was quickly identified as "...Cobblestone? Is that it? What's important about it?" Wo scraped away more with the tip of her staff, saying "This place is uninhabited, but look, obviously someone made this! Unless Hikaru made it herself, there must've been someone else here at some other point." Truly, this kind of archeological stuff was her jam, yo. Best of all, there were people here who cared about something other than salvage value!

Sabitsuki, naturally, didn't look at it the same way as her expression darkened. "Or, she lied to us, and there are more people out here." "That too, but, don't jump to the worst. Maybe she just assumed everyone's gone after not seeing anyone around. So, do we follow it?"

She stared right into Sabitsuki's squinty eyes with an expression that screamed "Please Say Yes," but our hypochondriac heroine would have none of it. "No, what we're here for is upstream. This isn't important."
wikkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeisTheAlcano on 11/3/2017, 12:32 am

Starlit Wilds - Ground

The liquid of the river wasn't like any kind of water Raquel had seen before. But it also wasn't toxic or acidic if her spider was any indication so she decided to take a more hands-on approach and touch the "water" for herself.

"This is like... wax or something"

But nevermind the alien qualities of the water in this place, they had to get to the other side and water or not, they couldn't just go by foot. Luckily Raquel seemed to be one of the only few in the group that couldn't actually fly. Some even could summon flying equipment on their own. Like a balloon!

"I'm not going to fly in that" she said taking a step back at the thought of being transported in such a flimsy vehicle. If it could even be considered that.

"I prefer going with Sophie" Raquel quickly hold Sophie's hand, accepting her offer of transport "What are we waiting for?"
DeisTheAlcano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami on 11/3/2017, 12:41 am

Starlit Wilds

Sophie nodded in response to Fate, before turning her attention to the winged balloon Sakura summoned. She tilted her head to one side curiously, wearing something of a skeptical expression, before shrugging and turning to Raquel and Lumina.

"Well, I can fly myself, so I think you should take this...." she said, right as Raquel apparently had the same thoughts she did and opted to take her up on her offer. She nodded, then turned to Lumina. "...Well, I guess you should take the balloon, then, unless you want to ride with Sabitsuki...." She made to motion to her, only to find that Sabitsuki had already crossed without waiting for anyone else. She sighed. "...Er, unless you'd rather wait for me to ferry Raquel across and then come back for you. If you do want to take the balloon, I'll stay close and make sure you don't fall off."

Whatever Lumina decided to do, Sophie then picked Raquel up in a bridal carry and adjusted her grip so that the other girl was comfortable. Then she took off, staying close to Lumina if she decided to take the balloon. If Lumina instead decided to ride with Sophie, Sophie would carry Raquel across, gently put her down, and then fly back across the river to repeat the process for Lumina.

In the process of crossing, the head of a silvery creature that looked like a cross between an eel and a snake emerged from the river and ate Raquel's spider in one gulp before diving back down and vanishing from sight.

Once the crossing was complete, Sophie joined Wo and Sabitsuki in looking at the path they found. She followed it along with her eyes.

"Well, it does seem to run alongside the river," she commented, "If we're going to take Fate's suggestion to follow the river upstream, we could probably follow this for at least a little while?"
D.L. Yomegami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top