A Tale of Destruction and Friendship

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Tale of Destruction and Friendship

Post by D.L. Yomegami on 31/7/2016, 11:11 pm

Ah, reality. An infinite number of worlds, consisting of everything that exists, every possibility that could come to pass. It's almost unthinkable that one singular event could affect all of it.

Almost unthinkable.

A mysterious black spot appeared in the skies across all worlds. Some of the inhabitants of these worlds carried on with their lives without thinking much of it. Others tried examining it and coming up with theories as to what it was. Some worlds had an outbreak of mass panic over it. Worlds with the capability tried flying across the cosmos to reach it, to little avail. Only those with the capability to visit other worlds would realize the full scope of what was going on.

This black spot was in fact a monstrous void, the result of reality collapsing in on itself and destroying whatever got caught up in it. And as the weeks passed, it was growing bigger and bigger. Left to fester, it would eventually consume everything that was. Of course, considering the vast expanse it threatened, there was the possibility of stopping it. The real question was how it could be stopped.

The answer to that question was likely not what most would expect.

All Across Reality -> Hikaru's Refuge

One particular world, one far enough away from the collapse that it was nothing more than a black speck, was home to someone who had a good idea of how to handle the incoming threat. It would had been strange if she didn't, as a matter of fact; her world was the starting point of the collapse and was the very first that had gotten consumed.

That was the good news. The bad news was that this person, Hikaru, was just a sixteen-year-old girl who seriously lacked the resources and the time to handle everything on her own. She wasn't the heroine reality needed, and she knew it. Fortunately, she had an idea of the heroines reality did need. A group of powerful magical warriors, who would be capable of handling everything that was thrown at them, who could prevail in the face of destruction and gather the seeds for a new beginning.

The best part was that she had the means to call these warriors to her, from across reality. Magic as she knew it consisted of summoning from other dimensions, but her brand was of a different and stronger sort than the rest of her fellow mages. They could only manage phenomena such as fire, lightning, and suchlike. She had the capability to transport actual physical objects across dimensions. It was this that she was relying on now to help her save reality.

She stood in the entry hall of her home, having given herself enough space to keep from knocking anything over. She held her staff in front of her, holding it parallel to the floor. She closed her eyes, picturing the sort of people she wanted in her mind. In response, the device attached to her chest began to glow, and a massive circular white rune appeared beneath her feet. She channeled all of her strength into the spell, hoping that her attempts would be successful and wouldn't end in her dying.

The people she was thinking of were influenced by the norms of her world, and maybe a little bit from the loneliness she had suffered ever since escaping her home world's destruction and arriving at her current home. As such, they likely weren't the sort of people others might think of when the words "powerful magical warrior" entered their minds...unless, of course, they were thinking of "young girls with supernatural abilities." In which case, they were right on the money.

All across reality, girls who met Hikaru's specifications were going about their daily business. Chances were all of them had noticed the incoming void, but chances were they hadn't put much thought into it since it appeared or just considered it out of their control. Whatever it was they were doing was of no concern to Hikaru's spell.

What would be important to them was the strange, circular rune that would appear underneath their position. No matter how much they moved, the rune would remain squarely centered on them. A few seconds would pass as it lit up and completed itself, and then suddenly the chosen girl would find herself instantly warped across time and space. One second they would be in their home world; the next, in Hikaru's home realm. They wouldn't feel much at all from the journey, except maybe a little disorientation.

They would find themselves at the foot of a small hill, most of which was converted into a large garden filled with many types of flora from all across reality. Numerous pathways consisting of square pieces of dark stone lead through this garden, and the most notable of these pathways lead up to the front door of a large, white house that wouldn't be too out of place in the average suburbia.

Outside the garden there was nothing but an endless field; if they were to wander out, they would find that no matter how far they walked they could turn and be right next to the hill. The sky above was blue, with a sun beaming pleasantly warm light down onto everything. The occasional white fluffy cloud would pass by, alongside a breeze that was as pleasant as the warmth.

Their immediate concern would most likely be on what had just happened, but chances were they would soon be wondering where they were...and about the strange people who had been summoned alongside them.

Last edited by D.L. Yomegami on 4/11/2016, 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
D.L. Yomegami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tale of Destruction and Friendship

Post by wikkit on 1/8/2016, 12:07 pm

I press START, and the most familiar tune in the world plays.

My existence recently has often been the exact same as this scene playing out before you right now.  I sit on the floor, wrapped up in my blanket and controller in hand.  I'm playing Shin Soku Neko, a game that I've been playing for years on a console that only old people and losers own.  My eyes are heavy as I try to keep myself awake for just a little longer with the loud chiptune song, endlessly repeating itself and blaring at high volume.  I've never received a complaint from anyone about the noise, but sometimes I don't think there is anyone living in this building besides me anymore.

I won't go out and check, of course.  I haven't yet, and I don't think I ever will now.

The next step in this routine would be for me to turn off the game in anger, to get onto my computer to look at things I don't really care about, and end up dreaming awake until I fall asleep.  Usually, it would be reasonable for me to assume that my day would be the same as usual, but someone decided differently.  I am not good at this game, so once I swiftly receive another game over my focus breaks I realize that there's light coming out from underneath this blanket.  Pulling it aside, I blink.  I blink a lot.  The only thing there is a glowing circle of light, and it takes me a while to realize that it isn't normal for those kinds of things to sneak underneath you when you're not looking.  I get up, and it follows me wherever I go, matching my movements one to one.

I throw the blanket on top of it, and the circle falls over the top.  I back towards the wall, and it doesn't seem to mind the steep incline.  My breathing becomes erratic as I start to panic.  What the hell is this?  This isn't like anything I've ever seen.  Could I have somehow started dreaming without realizing it?  Just the thought of that is almost as frightening as what happened to me.

The next event only made the dreaming scenario even more likely.  The ground underneath my feet gives way more than wooden planks should, and I believe that was because my floor was replaced with grass.  Looking up and around me, everything was replaced.  What I notice second are the multitude of flowers, all arranged perfectly, some more vibrant and strange than others, like flowers I had never seen.  Not like I ever really knew anything about flowers, though.  More importantly, the first thing I noticed were the people crowded around me.

They were all recognizably girls, I could tell that much.  All of them seemed young, but one was much younger than the rest.  The more disconcerting thing was that a couple were not human.  One of them had pointed ears, and while she could've been some kind of person with prosthetics on, I doubted it because of the other.  It took me a second to realize that the one behind her wasn't some ornate statue, but a...thing.  Most of it looked human, if pale and unnatural, but where the head ended and the rest of it began was surreal, with how fluidly it looked around with that great weight on its neck.  I was very close to saying that this was a dream.

The change in scenery wasn't so much the problem here, because I now realized that oh god there were people here.  They were all so close to me that I could almost reach out and touch them, which was the exact opposite of what I wanted to happen.  I held my breath and held onto it hard as I scramble backwards, falling on my rear as I crush a few very pretty looking plants.  Convinced I wasn't going to risk getting them infected at this distance, I let out my breath and get to the next issue on the ledger:  I have NO IDEA what just happened to me.  There is a definite hesitation on my part to ask for clarification.

A familiar chime plays inside of my head, and now I know that my shift is over.

A reprieve from work is always a good thing.  It's stimulating enough to spend hours crawling along the underside of some great steel construct, but even then I rarely get the opportunity to meet anyone.  Our work sites are so vast and labyrinthine that it'll often be hours in between me seeing another soul.  Only once I get off for the day am I guaranteed to not be alone anymore, and I usually can guarantee the first one I'll meet: my boss.

Like any other day, after working my way through the narrow halls of the ruins and getting changed out of my uniform back into my usual dress, I sidle up to the work tent where I have to sign out for the day.  My boss is there, her back turned to me and her headphones very firmly attached.  A familiar sight.  I say, "Hey, Ms. Hime!  Repairwoman Class, Work ID 5834.  I'm signing out for the day."  She only gives me a dull "Y'huh" as she brings up a window and quickly marks me as finished.  I would normally leave straight away, because I know I'm never going to get a meaningful response from a busy Ms. Hime, but this time I wanted to try establishing contact with her just because I could hear the music she had going on all the way from here.  Even over the sounds of water and machinery in the distance, I can tell she's listening to something loud and bizarre.

"Hey, what are you listening to?  It sounds cool," I practically shout, trying to get over the noise of her music.  She doesn't seem to notice at all as she continues furiously tapping on the keyboard with her iron hands.  I try to reach over and tap her shoulder, even if I know she hates being touched, but right then I notice the light playing off the metallic underside of my head.

Beneath me is a ring of light, and I very quickly figure out that it's not normal at all.  In fact, as I see more lines being added to the glyph below me, I realize what it is: a rune!  Magical attack imminent, and for the second time this week too!

I shout "Miracles!  Transform!", shortening my usual speech as I'm pressed for time here.  In a flash of bright light, my dress is replaced with the uniform of the Miracle☆Carrier, and I take my staff in hand.  I try to take to the air immediately, but the rune follows me, still right underneath my feet!  Right before the rune finished itself and I disappeared, I noticed that Ms. Hime was still as embroiled in her work as ever, completely oblivious to the magical happenings behind her.

Then, I towered over a group of people in a very unfamiliar place.  The sun is bright above my head, and as I notice the light breeze making my cape flutter I realize I cannot hear the ocean or see the black towers of civilization anywhere near me, only endless fields of grass and one squat building on top of this hill.  The people before me were all girls, but they all seemed off.  None of them had any apparatuses attached, not even the slightest hint of black metal on them, and their eyes lacked a healthy glow.  Their skin and hair was odd shade, too, like they were all slightly burnt or something.  One of them looks at me and falls backwards in fright.  There doesn't seem to be anything behind me, so is she somehow scared of me?

If this was still someone trying to kill me with magic, they weren't doing a good job of it so far.  To the girls standing before me, I warily wave at them and say, "Hi there...who are you all?"

Last edited by wikkit on 3/8/2016, 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
wikkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesShields01 on 1/8/2016, 11:22 pm

The night before - Mysterious Dream

As with all important, magic-related events that would eventually happen to her, Sakura once had a recurring mysterious dream. This one was a bit more unusual than most of the others had happened before, those related to the Cards, or rather, it didn't share many of the similarities the others had. It wasn't night and the Tokyo Tower was nowhere in sight. Instead it looked still during the day, with the only strange thing being the mysterious black spot that had appeared over in the sky.

The next strange thing that happened was the sudden bright light that enveloped her and Kero. Next thing she knew, the scenery had suddenly changed to an endless field. Around her seemed to be several other people, though they looked like simple silhouetes and she couldn't make out any details.

The black spot from before was still present and althought at first it looked smaller, it quickly expanded until it was a massive, gapping hole that then started to consume everything, including the two of them. At the precise moment before she would probaly vanish from existence, the dream finally faded.  

Kinomoto Residence - Tomoeada, Japan -> Strange Field

In the beginning of the afternoon of the next day, Sakura had just gotten back home and was attempting to rest a bit in her room. However it was to no avail, because she and the flying stuffed animal next to her seemed to be rather worried about what was going on outside. In the distance, a black spot was clearly visible in the otherwise spotless blue sky.  

"What could that be, Kero? I don't think most people have noticed it, but that has been there for a while now. It's just like that dream I keep having ..." She said as she looked worriedly at her companion. "It can be anything to do with the Cards, right? I'm supposed to have all of them now and that weird dream had nothing about them."

Kero shoke his head as he said, "No,  that can't be it. Unless you did something stupid again and accidently released them, they should be all here. And I don't feel any familliar presence, so we can't rule that out."

That didn't seem to reassure the young girl any, as she worriedly said, "Still, if it turns out anything like that dream, this could be really serious."

They had no chance to worry about that any longer, since a mysterious glowing circle appeared below them. Sakura quickly attempted to move out of it, grabbing the Book containing all the Cards along the way, but the circle just moved so it was right underneat her again.

Kero frantically flied over and began to examined, exasperatedly commented, "What is this!? This not like any magic in have seem to before. It certainly is not like Clow's"

Before she could make any comment, there was a bright flash of light and then suddenly, they vanished. In what seemed to be only an instant, they then appeared elsewhere.

As she looked around, her eyes widened in shock. This was all like what she seen before. There was the endless field, with several girls surrounding her, althought this time should make out what they actually looked like.

As soon as Kero saw that there were other people around, he quickly moved to hide being her, although it was probably not enough to keep the other girls from noticing beforehand.

All of them appeared to be much older than her, probably close to Toya's age or even older than that. Most of them looked like pretty normal aside from very different clothing, but some of them stood out. There was a girl that looked like she belonged in the image of one of her Cards, with rather long and pointed ears and also with the way she was dressed. Most surprising of all was the girl that looked mostly normal aside from the huge metallic thing sitting atop her head, with tubes connecting to somewhere in her body. One of the other girls seemed to have gotten rather scared the latter's appearence and fell over.

The strange girl then asked who they all were, so she politely bowed a bit, though not enough that it would give Kero's presence any more away. "Hello there. My name is Sakura. I take that no one here knows much of what is going either?"

The Citadel of Fate -> Strange Field

As Lumina walked across the streets of the Citadel, she, like most others around couldn't help wondering what was going on. The mysterious black spot covering part of the sky probably wouldn't have been that worrying on its own. But from the information circulating around by those that being traveling from any of the others Storybooks, the same strange thing was happening everywhere.

People had attempted to travel to the apparent location of the holes, like it was done in between the different Storybooks, but it was currently impossible. What was also worrying was that mysterious blackness seemed to be expanded all over the place as well.

There was not much she personally could about it other than worrying over it, so for now she attempted to concentrate on something else. She still needed to get supplies for her healing practice, so she probably should hurry over to the market.

Practically as soon as she had that thought, a strange rune materialized itself below her. As much as she tried to escape its reach, that only made it reappeared right under her all over again. She had no time to think much about before she disappeared in a flash of white light.

When she came back to, she found herself in a endless field, with some sort of building in the distance. Surrounding her where several other girls. Although at least one of them looked rather different, that wasn't what was currently bothering her about the strange situation. After, with the Citadel being a place where people from all Storybooks lived in, she was used to seeing individuals of all kinds. Although at least some of the other girls seemed to be bothered by a particular one of them, with another of them ending up falling over , apparently in fear.

What was bothering rather was that there so many of them around. She knew that didn't do well when there a lot of people around then. But since at least some of them appeared to be trying to getting to know each other, it would be rude to not at least attempt it.

So, with a not too smooth bow and then with a shaky wave, she replied, "I-I'm Lumina. I-I don't know what is happening either. Um ... I-I take that is not any Storybook? I-I have never heard of something like this ..."

Cranagan, Mid-Childa -> Strange Dimension

Fate looked serious as she started her report to Hayate. "It's the same across all dimensions I and other enforcers have visited. There is always that same hole that we have also spotted here. They appear to in different stages of advancement and although there hasn't been any real damage yet, it's very clear that significant dimensional distortions are happening all over the place."

Although her superior and friend attempted to remain calm, it was easily to tell that she was also worried. "Reports by several admirals have been the same, including Chrono. This is rather troubling. Despite all our technology and ways to transfer across dimensions, no one has been able to reach the origin of those phenomena or ascertain their cause, let alone counteract them. And if this is happening all across administrated worlds as well as some observed unadministrated ones, if this is left unchecked, it could be become very dangerous very soon."  

Fate shared the same worried expression and tone as she replied, "It's probably happening on Earth as well, although that has been verified yet. That would be understandably very worrying for some of us as well. So I won't stop until I have gotten to the bottom of this."

With a serious expression, Hayate gave a brief nod and said, "I understand your dedication, Fate, after all this is a rather serious matter ,but you have done more than enough for now. You have been gone in this search for a while and it's not like it was the only thing you were involved while at it.  And you need to rest if you are to accomplish anything more. We also have plenty more enforcers and dimensional ships out there currently doing it as well. Don't make me have to order you, because I'll if I need to."  

The blond enforcer hesitated a bit before nodding and saying, "Alright. I thought that it would go like this. I could really use seeing Vivio again after all that and also contacting Caro and Erio for longer than I have been able to so far." 

Hayate smiled and said, "I'm glad you agreed. Report back in a few days and not before then unless you are ordered otherwise. If you don't have any more to report, I think you are dismissed," then a bit informally, "I hope we can meet and catch up a bit when we're off-duty." 

"I hope so too. See you later." She did a brief salute and then went to leave the room. However, no sooner had she stepped out in the corridor, with the door automically closing behind her, than a strange magical circle appeared under her. It was not of any pattern she recognized.

She was pretty agile even without using Sonic Move or her Barrier Jacket, but no matter what she did, the strange circle homed in on her and always reappeared below her. 

She pulled out Bardiche, still in his triangle-like standby mode and asked, "Bardiche, can you get a reading on this?" 

Her Device then intoned in response "Yes, sir. Readings indicate a dimensional transfer. It would also would be not unlike a summoning spell." 

Fate's eyes widened in shock as she said, "A forced dimensional transfer? Is there any indication of where it is coming from?" 

"No, sir. Signatures are unlike anything that has been detected before. Determining it would take at least several minutes. The transfer is about to be completed."

Almost as soon as this was said, there was a bright flash and they both vanished, then quickly reappearing somewhere else. 

They seemed to have showed up at a type of field, which looked like it stretched almost endlessly. There was also a building in the distance, as well as the same phenomena that had been observed on so many other worlds, the mysterious black spot, althought it seemed much smaller than anywhere else. 

More importantly, it seemed that she wasn't alone. There was quite a group of other girls surrounding her. Most of them appeared to be a bit younger than her, although there was one girl who couldn't be much older than Caro. At least a couple of the others stood out from the rest, in particularly the girl with a massive metallic object over her head. Another seemed to have gotten scared by this and had fallen over some flowers. 

That got her really concerned, but first, it seemed that she had other matter to adress. "I'm Fate. I don't know much about what just happened either. I take that before you all were brought here, that a strange circle appeared and kept seeking you?" 

While still being attentive to any incoming responses, she attempted to go over to the fallen girl. If she managed to get close enough, she would offer her a hand. Regardless, with a concerned tone, she asked, "Are you OK? You seem rather scared. I'm sure that other girl over there doesn't mean any  harm, if that's what it is."

Last edited by JamesShields01 on 2/8/2016, 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
JamesShields01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeisTheAlcano on 2/8/2016, 4:34 pm

City of Alatoz, at night

The black spot in the sky had appeared a week or so ago, and most people in Alatoz didn't give it that much of a thought. A lot of Guernica's scientist friends, on the other hand, theorized what it could be. A portal to the realm that had somehow opened in the sky, some sort of meteorological phenomena they hadn't seen before, or even a sign that the gods themselves were angry at their creations.

That thing, whatever it was, grew larger each day and although Raquel had more important things to do than look at the sky for hours, it was starting to freak her out a bit. It was a warm night so she could work on her stabilizer for hours without worrying about getting sick.

Things continued as usual for a while, until one of her spiders saw there was a strange circle under its master's feet. Raquel noticed it thanks to her affinity with the arachnid and decided to examine it. She took out her glasses to have a better look at it and touched it. It didn't feel like chalk or paint. In fact, it didn't feel like anything was there.

At first, Raquel thought it was a sign someone had left the previous day while she was gone. Which was odd, because she had been in that rooftop for months now and she was sure no one, except for the occasional rat, lived in the building. Raquel put on her glasses again and started walking away from the sign, still puzzled but more concerned about what she was working on.

To her surprise, what she believed to be some sort of graffiti moved and caught up to her. Ok, things had gone from "odd" to "fucking weird" really fast.

Raquel gave a step to see what the white circle would do and, as she had feared, it followed her. Whatever it was, it had started to glow now and she wasn't interested in spending one more second standing over it.

Thinking quickly, she ran up to her replication of Guernica's contraption and climbed over it. The circle, which now had an intricate pattern inside it, was most curious and Raquel really wanted to find out what it was but, when she looked, it wasn't there anymore. Somehow that thing had climbed all over the machinery just to be under her feet.

Before Raquel could do anything else, she was gone.

Hikaru's Refuge

Raquel found herself in a grass hill filled with an admittedly impressive collection of plants. She didn't recognize most of them but, then again, she was never interested in that sort of thing. More importantly, it was nighttime just a second ago but now the sun was up.

"What the hell happened?" she said to herself, being a bit too surprised by the teleportation to notice there were other people there.

But when she finally did, she was both impressed and terrified. One of the girls had a metallic squid on her head, another had white hair and was really pale, and a third one seemed normal for the most part but had a small... lion?

Some introduced themselves and one of them was so afraid she fell on her butt. Raquel was a freaked out, too, and she wanted answers.

"What's going on here? Where are we?"

Last edited by DeisTheAlcano on 2/8/2016, 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeisTheAlcano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kkutwar on 2/8/2016, 6:58 pm

Hikaru's Refuge

Though visibly keeping her cool, it isn't hard to tell that the sixteen year old blonde is confused by what has happened. Her blue eyes examining her surroundings, she pats down the skirt worn over her fully concealing pants. Gloved and enveloped arms coming together to crack her knuckles, the young woman glances over her shoulder.

Behind her, an invisible young girl clings to her back fearfully of the new surroundings. The older girl with her smiling warmly, she slips her left hand into her pocket as she ruffles the floating little girl's hair with her right hand. Pouting playfully upset, the invisible little girl drifts out from behind her guardian.

However, the instance she darts off with a smile on her face towards the girl calling herself Fate, her older companion grabs her by her ghostly tail- Causing the four year old girl to reveal herself, body translucent yet in many ways like her older companion. Said companion pulling her back and putting the little girl in a restraining hug, the older girl bows her head apologetically before speaking.

"I'm terribly sorry about Blaire, she's rather naïve- I'm Alice Ingress by the way, a Gifted. I'm guessing the girl with the small lion specializes in creating Homunculi, but what about the rest of you? Though most importantly I would like to know who or what cast the bizarre summoning Rune that brought the two of us here."

Looking down at the ghostly girl, Blaire, Alice gives a smile before letting her out of the restraining hug. The little girl flashing a smile at the plushie lion, she more-or-less sits on the ground before excitedly gesturing for the creature to come to her.
Kkutwar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by V_Phantom on 2/8/2016, 10:36 pm

Corona Island -> The Great Library

It was quite early in the morning, and Aurum was running her daily errands, one of which included paying a visit to one of her fellow Princesses. She had been secluded inside the Great Library for the most part of the last week, investigating a strange astrological phenomenon. When she reached her comrade's current location, deep inside the Library's basement, she cordially announced her presence.

-“Good morning Agatha.”

-“Aurum... Did auntie send you?”

The sleep-deprived girl replied as she let out a lazy yawn and performed a drawn-out stretch. She was dressed in a similar style to her fellow Princess, but her clothes were of a far more subdued color, and her pale skin and short messy black hair really contrasted with Aurum's far more lively style.

-“Yes, she did. We know your research is important, but none of us want to see you starving.”

She explained as she placed a basket with fruit and bread in a nearby table.

-“Thanks... I was so engrossed with this, that I lost the track of time.”

Agatha muttered as she reached out to pick-up a bright red fruit, before taking a loud bite out of it, dripping red juice all over her mouth. Aurum giggled a little bit after seeing her friend's lack of grace, but she was also glad to know she hasn't lost her appetite, despite being so focused on her research. Taking an empty seat close to her, Aurum inquired...

-“Are you still investigating that black sun?”

Taking a loud gulp after hearing those two words, Agatha ate the rest of the fruit and messily licked her fingers before answering...

-“...That damn thing. I must have read through a thousand books already, and none of them have any records about something like this happening in the past.”

...Then, she stood up from her seat, and started nervously tapping her left foot as she crossed her arms.

-“However, after doing my own tests, I've come to the conclusion that it might be nothing.”

-“Really? That's such a relief!”, Aurum exclaimed with a smile on her face, as she started moving her legs back and forth,“I was starting to get kinda worried, but if you say so-”

-“No, no, no, no...”, Agatha interrupted as she slammed her right palm against the table, before looking intently towards her friend's general direction, “Listen Aurum, I didn't say it was 'nothing to worry about'. What I meant is that this thing might be literally nothing; as in complete emptiness, an endless void, even oblivion itself. And it's growing... Fast.”

What followed was an uncomfortable silence, as Aurum tried to wrap her mind around the idea of something so dangerous approaching their world in such a short amount of time. Nonetheless, she tried to remain calm and composed...

-“...Is there anything we can do about it?”

Letting out a loud sight, Agatha replied with a dry tone...

-“I don't know... That's why I need to keep researching. Maybe if the Queen were to grant me permission to commune with Kerberum, together we could find an answer to this predicament.”

-“Well, if the potential danger is as serious as you imply, I'm sure she and Kerberum will be more than willing to help. I'll contact the other 5 so we can have an audience.”

Aurum announced as she stood up, looking ready to jump to action any second now. Agatha expressed her approval with a subdued nod, as she resumed her current search for answers by taking seat once again, in order to read-through the heavy book before her.

-“Thanks Aurum... You know this protocol and diplomatic stuff isn't my forte.”

-“No problem, my friend. I'm always glad to help.”

Having said that, Aurum left the Great Library. She was about to set course towards the Royal Palace, but she momentarily stopped at the Library's entrance in order to gaze up at the sky. There, she contemplated that dreadful “black sun” Agatha was so worried about, and started wondering if there was really something that they could do to deal with. She was so lost in thought, that she didn't notice the luminous white pattern that was forming beneath her feet, at least not until its brightness reached its peak.

-“This is new...”

Those were the last words she could utter before being transported to a another world...

Hikaru's Refuge

Once the intense light had subdued, Aurum found herself in an idyllic landscape populated by a variety of strange flowers she had never seen before. The grass beneath her naked soles felt so soft and fresh, and the gentle wind was strangely relaxing... It was an oddly beautiful place.

But, she didn't have time to bask in the atmosphere of this alien landscape, as she quickly noticed other people surrounding her. All of them female, at least in appearance, and all of them clad in all kinds of strange outfits that she hadn't seen before. Nonetheless, she tried to make a good impression by introducing herself in a courteous manner:

-“Good day, my fair ladies.”, she said while making a slight bow, “I'm Princess Aurum, of the Corona Archipelago. It is a pleasure to meet you all.”

Last edited by V_Phantom on 9/8/2016, 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

V_Phantom
Admin

View user profile http://zero-collapse.foroa.org

Back to top Go down

Post by wikkit on 3/8/2016, 12:29 am

I looked the blonde girl straight in the eyes, the same fear readily apparent as I raise my arm to block her hand.  There wasn't more I could do but try and scuttle away a little further, finally getting the strength to say, "No, n-no, it's not that, it's..."  My words came out very quietly, probably because I haven't talked at all in weeks, now that I think about it.

She didn't seem to be any bit hostile, but I didn't want to take chances here.  I got myself off of the ground and backed away from her a little bit more for good measure, and I more loudly said, "I'm good, I'm good.  That's not my problem," as I tried to sneak a glance at the thing, "I'm just...surprised by everyone, you know..."

That didn't come out right, at all.  "Surprised by everyone suddenly appearing," I clarified.  "And yes, there was a strange..circle thing.  Is that what happened to all of you?"  Looking at the group, I couldn't possibly discern why this happened.  Aside from the fact that we were all girls, we looked so disparate from one another I couldn't come up with any reason why we were all connected based on visuals alone.  I didn't even know why I was looking for connections here, it was just the first thing that came to my panicked mind.

What did me, some girl who lived by herself, have to do with them all?  The woman standing before me was wearing some kind of strange uniform, was she in some military?  Behind her was another blonde girl, the one with pointed ears, dressed like a monk in those plain white robes.  Another asian (or maybe part asian), looking a little younger than me and wearing something straight out of a fairy tale, completely gaudy and more fitting for some kind of princess than anything. Someone who looked like she was from Hawaii in just about every way.  I've never been there, but I've seen pictures of the place.  Another, dressed sort of like a delinquent.  She just gave me that vibe with how she was dressed, and her face was obscured with the hood, so I'll settle for "delinquent".  That metal-headed thing dressed in tights and leather, which I'm still trying to figure out.  I think I saw the "jaw" on the top twitch on its own.  The third and final blonde girl, who looks almost like a normal person, with attached little ghost.  I couldn't really put any other phrase for her besides ghost, she resembled the only one I've ever seen in more ways than one.  And lastly, the shortest one.  She must still be in elementary school, considering it looked like she was still wearing her uniform.

I couldn't come up with any reason for all of us to be together, but I soon the metal one, who named herself Woh (or maybe Woe?  I needed to ask about spelling when I could get the chance, I thought to myself) said something that left me even more visibly shocked than before.  I looked at the rest of the group, much the same way. My eyes went back to Woh, my surprise taking my volume up a few notches as I said, "How the hell do you know that?"

The littlest one bowed to me, awfully formally for someone who wasn't even fully grown yet.  For such a strange gesture, I felt I had to return it in full, so I did so, making sure to keep my upper arms from accidentally brushing her by curling them up.  "My name is Wo," I said, loudly enough for the rest of the group to hear me.  "It's good to meet you, even under these circumstances."

I didn't have any clue what exactly these circumstances were at the time, beyond that apparently at least two of them had that same rune under them right before they had arrived here.  That reminded me of something that could certainly help right now, figuring out where this all was coming from!  I closed my eyes, breathed in deeply and tapped the ground hard with the butt of my staff, trying to detect the magic of the world.  The part with the staff wasn't really important at all, but it looked cool.

The world faded into view through my eyelids, almost all of it blackened but for a few things.  Out in the house, I could sense just one speck of light, magic concentrated in some small package.  That was far from the most important thing I found out, though.  Everyone in front of me, even the little thing hidden behind this small girl's shoulders, had energy on their person!  Some of them more than others, but this was by far the most magic I've ever seen in one place!  Just meeting magical things that were alive and recognizably abyssal was incredible!  I snapped my eyes open and looked at all of them.  When the little ghostly thing (who thankfully didn't seem very violent for a ghost, thank goodness) faded into reality, it was like a thunderbolt had struck me.

I could barely hold my surprise here, let alone my almost giddy excitement.  There was some effort on my part to hold this back, but I just had to say it out loud, a wide grin on my face.  "You...all of you are magical beings, right?  Right?!"  The formerly toppled one looked at me when I said that like I had just shot a person, and she asked me something about someone named Hel?  No idea, but I think I got the gist of the message.  "I can feel it in you all!  I thought I was the only one, for so long!"
wikkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami on 3/8/2016, 1:35 am

Hikaru's Refuge

It was a few moments after everyone else, but one last chosen one joined the group. Their first introduction to her was her sudden appearance behind them, only for her to lose her footing and fall down onto her bottom. She looked at the motley crew present, then down at her decidedly frilly clothing, then back up at the group with an extremely sheepish expression and a very red face.

Sophie had just as much of an idea as anyone else as to what was going on here. A few moments before this she and Samantha had been making their way out of the Bleaksteel Mine, having managed to defeat an Archon Unit and claim a second piece of the Pleroma. Then suddenly a strange white circle had appeared beneath her feet, following her movements no matter what she did. Then suddenly she'd been transported to somewhere with a lot of other people in it. All girls, most of whom looked around her age or noticeably older, although the girl with the...flying lion thing?...seemed to be noticeably younger than everyone else. What was more strange was how varied they all looked. She was fairly certain that one girl was an elf, if those ears were any indication. And what was up with that tall girl's hat? Was that a robotic jellyfish?

Her second thought, and the reason she was blushing so much, was that that this group's first sight of her was her transformed self. Sophie herself was a French-Korean girl of around fifteen years of age, who was a little short for her age but otherwise of normal proportions of someone her age and ancestry. Had her Divinity Spark not been currently activated, her eyes and chin-length, straight hair would be a fairly normal shade of brown. As it was, they were both currently a dark shade of purple. On top of that, her current outfit looked very much like a princess of some kind. Her tight-fitting, short dress was turquoise, but her ball gloves, thigh-high stockings, and high-heeled buckled shoes were all white. The look was completed with a large yellow bow attached to her back, another one tied in her hair, and two more tied around each ankle. About the only thing about this look that didn't bother her was the purple, heart-cut amethyst of her Divinity Spark that was sewn onto her dress's chest area.

Embarrassment was nothing new for her, but right now she thought she might die of it right there on the spot. Her first meeting with a bunch of new people, and the first thing they see is someone who looked like they were trying too hard to be a princess and failing at it. In her mindset she almost didn't consider that they probably wouldn't have thought much of it considering how varied everyone else looked. When she finally did, her embarrassment at being transformed was replaced by embarrassment over assuming the others would care.

After a couple moments of just sitting there, she finally pushed herself back to her feet, and in the process finally noticed that this wasn't the Bleaksteel Mine anymore. There was a house in the middle of a garden, that covered an entire hill, that was sitting in the middle of nowhere. At least it felt pleasant, compared to that dark and dank mine. As she looked up at the sky, she tried to see if that black thing was here too. Her eyes briefly focused on a black speck in the sky, before the girl with the robot jellyfish hat asked if they were all magical beings.

"I...I guess you could say that...." she managed to say, before glancing at everyone else. "Erm...what's going on here? Did I miss anything important...?"
D.L. Yomegami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Introductions

Post by DeisTheAlcano on 3/8/2016, 2:36 pm

Hikaru's Refuge

Raquel silently listened to the others introducing themselves. She was still a bit scared about the whole thing and she didn't exactly feel like sharing her name just yet.

"Let's just say, I'm someone with questions" she looked at the whole group (specially at the translucent girl), convincing herself once more that, yes, this wasn't a dream "Lots of questions"

One of them, the one that introduced herself as a princess, called them fair ladies. No one had ever called Raquel that before and it felt kinda nice, to be honest. She still had a few questions regarding Corona, though. Last time she had checked, it was a landlocked province not an archipelago.

Some of them confirmed they had also seen the white circle before appearing in the city so it was clear none of them would have any idea of what had happened.

What really caught her attention was the pale metallic one excitedly saying that they were all magical beings and she thought she was the only one in existence. Had she been living under a rock for the last millenia or so? And, seriously, what was up with that thing on her head? Raquel had seen some weird fashion styles in her life but even the most ostentatious members of the royal family would tell her to take it down a notch.

"You mean a summoner? That's not news"

Looks like the gathering wasn't over. A new girl with purple hair and a ballet dress appeared on the grass hill and made a fool of herself by accidentally falling down upon arrival and turning red. Raquel couldn't blame her, this whole thing just wasn't a pleasant experience. She finally asked if anyone knew what was going on.

"I don't know but someone here has to have some answers"
DeisTheAlcano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesShields01 on 4/8/2016, 5:28 pm

Hikaru's Refuge

While Sakura realized there were many more girls around, what was happening with Alice and Blaire caught her attention the most. When the little ghost girl appeared, she couldn't help feeling afraid at first. However, because the much younger girl appeared to be harmless and she didn't want to upset her by appearing scared by her, Sakura put on a brave face and smiled warmly.

As Alice spoke, Kero seemed to have figured that there was no point in trying to hide anymore, since he had been spotted slready and magic seemed to be no secret.

Meanwhile, when she heard Alice appatently efervto her, Sakuragot a confused expression and she uttered her typical response for when she got like that, "Hoeeee?" And then more coherently, she replied, "Um, I don't know what that strange word means but,,I didn't make Kero. Let's just say for now that he came with the powers when I accidently got them ..."

When Blaire excitedly gestured for Kero to come over, with an exasperated expression, he said quitely to Sakura, " ... Do I really have too? I'm a guardian beast, not some toy ..."

Sakura took a look at Blaire and how excited she seemed and said, "Unless you wanna really upset her and get her crying, I would say so."

Kero sighed painfully and resignatedly flew over to the ghost girl.

When Aurum greeted them all as fine ladies, it felt nice and strange at the same time. That felt like it was more meant to adress someone like her friend Tomoyo rather than her.

Wo also greeted them back, so she smiled warmly at her and said, also in a way so everyone could hear, "Yeah, I wish it was because of a better situation, but it's still nice to meet you all. I hope we can get along and work together to solve all of this."

Then since several of the other girls, including one that just dlready after the rest, we were wondering what was happening, she said to everyone, " Your guess is as good as mine, which is not much. The only thing I know is that kept having dreams where something like this, including the thin with the strange circle, happened for a few previous nights ... It was all very strange ..."

Meanwhile, with so many, too many people around, Lumina voukdn't handle most of what was going on and set herself slightly appart from the rest, just as the other girl had.  

After a while, she did managed to somewhat clearly say, "Y-Yes, that thing with the weird rune happened with me too. T-This all so strange ... W-What could this all mean?"

Fate readily withdrew her hand and took a few steps back to appear as non-threatning as possible when the girl on the ground appeared bothered and scared by her attempt to help.

Then she spoke reassuringly, "That's undestandable. This is a pretty unsettling situation after all, with all of us being forcedly dragged here. But we are all in the same boat, so let's all work together to find out what is going and how to get ourselves out of this."

When Blaire appeared and seemed to have tried to come over to her before being stopped by Alice, she couldn't help giving them a brief wistful look. The sight of the little girl reminded her of Vivio and of how this strange situation was preventing her from being with her daughter. She had to figure out an way to get them all away before it was too long and Vivio, as well as Caro and Erio got really worried about her.

When the hooded girl said that there had to be someone who had answers about the strange things that were happening , she looked around the empty field surrounding them. Upon seeing the large building again, she said, "Well, I don't think we will find any by standing around in this hill. Our best shot seems to be by looking at that house, so why don't we go check it out?"
JamesShields01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wikkit on 6/8/2016, 3:26 am

"Your guess seems right, because I can tell there's at least one more source of magic inside of that house," I blithely said to Fate.  It was great, not only meeting more of my own kind, but actually being able to help them like this!  It had always been a solo effort on my part, up until right now, and though it was probably really reaching to say this I was hoping we'd get along.  That way, even if we returned to our own cities and districts, we'd at least be willing to keep in touch.  Even if I didn't get help from them, knowing that I wasn't alone was such a nice feeling.

I did notice that there were a few terms being thrown around that were unfamiliar.  Some people were calling themselves things like "gifted", or "summoner" and other titles.  They must've all come up with them themselves, because the only one I knew personally was "magical girl", and nobody was using that.  I didn't know what to make of the hooded girl's statement that everyone's existence "wasn't news", but right then I brushed it aside in my enthusiasm.

There wasn't much to do now but make myself feel like a leader!  I had no idea whether or not I'm leader material just yet, but I'm sure it won't be much of a problem to take charge.  Taking my staff in hand and pointing it up towards the house, I started walking forward as I said with all the bravado I could muster, "Let's get some questions answered!"

I still was trying to think about what Woh meant by me being "magical".  I knew she must've sensed, or smelled, or something'd my powers, but that raised a question.  My powers were always there, and I never thought much about how they came into existence because they're so natural feeling, but were they really magical?  Something involving wizards and witches is what "magical" means to me.  What did my powers have to do with that?

"R-Right.  Of course," I said to her.  She was really level-headed for being in a strange place with strangers.  Fate (which sounded like what you get named if your parents were in a cult, really) was kind enough to back off, and I breathed a little sigh of relief as she turned her attention to the little ghost girl.  I have no idea what to do about the disease right now, because I don't even know how contagious it is.  For all I'm aware, it had already spread the moment I shared the same air as them.  I couldn't do much more but keep my distance...or tell them, but I wasn't sure if I wanted all of them furious because they knew I got them sick.  More likely, murderous.  They'd probably kill me if they knew.

I shook my head.  That wasn't going to happen, Sabitsuki. There was no reason for them to hate me like that, sickness or no sickness.  I needed to focus on something more, to keep my mind off of the disease business.  Besides, maybe if they got to know me better, they'd react less harshly.  I said "I'm Sabitsuki" to no one in particular.  There wasn't anything else I could think of to help, or at least make me seem nice.  So far, this wasn't going well.
wikkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kkutwar on 6/8/2016, 8:01 pm

Calmly taking in the words and actions of the other girls, Alice merely observes them calmly- Her arms folded against her torso, and her eyes specifically flickering from Blaire, Sakura & Fate. Blaire, on the other hand, was mostly ignoring everything that wasn't Kero.

Still, once the little lion came up to her, Blaire gently strokes his body with her right hand- And scratching his ears with her left. Alice smiling a little at the sight, she then looks towards Sakura. Her face hardening and taking a more serious look, the young woman slightly tilts her head to the right before speaking with a 'logical' coolness.

"Homunculus, general term used in reference to any and all entities born of magic- There's no limitation on what counts, so everything between an imitation of existing life and a product of an unbridled imagination may be labelled as one. However, being born because of magical process is something else entirely."

Her eyes calmly looking down as Blaire forms a ghostly string from her left hand to dangle before Kero, Alice takes a few steps towards Sakura before continuing with the same tone. "Still, rather unusual to be given some kind of magical guardian, least of all be bestowed powers... What exactly is his origin? Artificial Gifts are... Not entirely polite entities, though he can't possibly be one of the Fair Folk."

Stretching out her back and arms before bringing them back against her torso, Alice instead shifts her focus to Fate. Her face softening, Alice reluctantly sighs before approaching her. Stopping three feet away from the other woman, Alice scratches at her cheek in a bit of embarrassment as she glances back at Blaire. Letting out a breath, Alice finally speaks up in a more openly approachable tone.

"I saw your wistful look... Were you, um... Taken away from a child of yours? Blaire has a knack for sensing souls, so I'm certain she thought you're a mother herself- Not a lot of fantastical children her age back home, you know?"

Though, seeing the strange magical robot(?) girl heading up to the house, Alice performs a cursory glance of everyone before speaking up once more. "Girls, I don't think we should be blindly rushing up to that house, especially if there's another person there- Good chance they're the one who kidnapped us, so we should plan first. I'm able to manipulate non-living materials and perform magic with Blaire's assistance, so what about everyone else?"
Kkutwar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami on 7/8/2016, 1:54 am

Hikaru's Refuge

Only one of the assembled group, a hooded girl who's face was partially obscured, addressed Sophie directly, stating that she didn't know but someone here had to. Not overly helpful, but she appreciated the lack of comment on her current outfit, or current behavior for that matter. At least she wasn't the only one feeling really awkward, if the elf and the pale girl were any indication. And at least everyone here seemed nice enough. She couldn't say she shared the girl with the robot jellyfish hat's enthusiasm, but at the very least she hoped she'd get along with at least some of these people assuming they were together long enough for her to really get to know them.

From listening to the others speak, she pieced together a few other things. First was the fact that everyone else was indeed a magical girl of some kind. The young girl with the lion stating she'd dreamed about this before it happened sounded a lot like her own nightmares and made her briefly wonder if she was a fellow Divinity Spark wielder, but everyone else seemed to be a different sort entirely. More importantly, it seemed everyone else also had the circle thing happen to them, so that probably meant they were all brought here by the same thing. Who, or what, and why was another set of questions entirely, and it looked like the consensus was to check that house up on the hill. That is, for those who weren't more concerned about getting to know each other.

"Um...maybe some of us could go check the house while everyone else stays back? At least, I'm willing to go help check the house," she suggested mostly in response to the girl with the little ghost companion, "I mean, it doesn't look particularly dangerous or anything. But I guess it's not too smart to judge by appearances alone...." Then to the group as a whole. "Um...I don't know if we're doing introductions yet, but...I'm Sophie." She made a little awkward smile and nodded her head in greeting. "I...seem to have gotten here a little late, so...um...sorry if I seem a little...uh...."

Then she blushed again and shut up. She held off on describing her abilities for now. Travelling with Samantha for so long had left something of an impression on her; while she was far more trusting than Samantha was, especially when everyone else hardly seemed mean, telling a group of total strangers about her powers just didn't seem smart right now.
D.L. Yomegami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

♪ Spider-Swarm, Spider-Swarm ♪

Post by DeisTheAlcano on 7/8/2016, 6:35 pm

Hikaru's Refuge

The older blonde girl and tentacle lady agreed that the white house, the only building and sign of civilization in the entire hill was probably the first place where they should start looking for answers.

But the blonde girl, Alice, didn't agree and considered blindly rushing up to the house a bad move. Raquel agreed for the most part, but she was going to do something about it. Breaking into someone's house wasn't that difficult. Sophie had proposed splitting which is kind of what Raquel had in mind.

"Hey, don't go open the door like an idiot!" she told Wo, who seemed eager to burst through the door and meet whoever was inside "Let someone competent handle this"

Raquel kneeled on the grass and pulled out a few leaves, trying to smooth out the earth. She placed her hand on it and a purple portal opened and a small group of reddish spiders came out of it. Raquel took a few of them on her hand and the others were frozen in place, waiting for instructions.

"You know what to do" she told them, while pointing at the house.

Her spiders dutifully rushed to the building, entering through the windows and getting under the door to give their master visual information about the house.

Raquel looked at her fingernails with a bored expression. She had done this so many times before it wasn't that exciting anymore.

"Now we wait"
DeisTheAlcano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wikkit on 9/8/2016, 12:24 am

Alice and the frilly girl, Sophie, suggested that maybe I should've waited just a little bit to enter, which I was ready enough to accept.  Nobody else was stepping up to the plate immediately, so maybe we should get organized.  The hooded girl said much the same thing, but she was considerably ruder about it.  I stopped in my tracks and looked back at her, saying "Hey, all I want is to figure out what's going on here!"  It probably came off the wrong way, like I was telling the whole group to shove it, but it's not like I could retract that statement.

I could've said a few more choice comments for the matter, but watching her summon those little things made me forget about it.  This was the first real act of magic I had ever seen someone else perform!  I had no idea what those creatures were, but they were probably magical constructs of some kind.  People can make magical constructs, I've read about it plenty of times.

Stepping back towards the group, my heels clacking on the cobblestone path leading away from the house, I figured I could cool down a bit and act nice.  Get in on the conversation a little.  "It's not much use right now, but I can control water.  If I had some, I'd provide a demonstration!" That statement probably sounded a lot more arrogant than I intended it to.  The way Alice described her own abilities so matter of factly, it only made me more curious as to the origins of her abilities; a curiosity which I indulged.  She didn't seem to even feel in awe of magic like I did, so maybe she's had it for a while.  "Where did you get those powers, Alice?  It's...not a personal question, or anything."

Aside from a few glances, which were being shared equally everywhere, I'm sure that nobody really noticed my name being said.  At least, I think those were glances.  Sometimes I think things are looking at me when they're not, and this was probably one of those times.

Woh stopped her ascent, and I felt another little tinge of relief.  I wasn't ready to meet whoever decided to kidnap a bunch of girls like this, so the delinquent girl's outburst was entirely welcome.  Their pointed words didn't seem to get more aggressive than a raised tone of voice from metal-head, so it was another potential disaster avoided.  I gave those spiders that she made as much space as they needed as they crawled up the hill, and reminded myself to not become her enemy any time soon.

The last of us to arrive named herself as Sophie, and she made a poor first impression by stuttering a whole lot.  She didn't seem to be taking this much better than I was, and she seemed to be stuck in the same rut of nobody noticing her that I was in.  Maybe it was the similarities that made it happen, but in any event I found myself talking to her.  "You...you don't have to apologize for being late to a kidnapping, you know.  It's fine."  I added, or more like blurted out, "I'm Sabitsuki, by the way," because I felt the sudden need to make sure she knew my name, in the off chance she didn't hear it the first time.
wikkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesShields01 on 10/8/2016, 11:27 pm

Hikaru's refuge

With Alice's explanation having somewhat cleared up her question and as the older girl then turned the questions on her, Sakura got a bit of a hesitant and thougtful look before lifting up the pink book still clutched in one of her hands and speaking, "Kero was created by a great magician called Clow Reed, who also made the magical Cards contained in this book. He and the entities in the Cards were all sealed, until I accidently released them and so with his help, I had to capture them all again," then once again with a somewhat puzzled look again , she added, "Um, what are these Fair Folk you mentioned?"

Meanwhile, Kero was happily surprised at the gentle way Blaire was handling and pleasantly said, "Hmmm ... That actually feels good, kid. Keep it up a little more ... "

With all the discussions on whatever to explore the mysterious house or not, she decided to add, "Maybe we should hold off on that a bit. At least, I think I'll stay here if some of us do go there," before that was proven to be a moot point when another of girls made some spiders appear, apparently to somehow check the building for them. With that, it seemed the best thing to do really was waiting for now.

Fate got a somewhat surprised look at Alice's comment to her, before expression also softened. She took another glance at Blaire, before looking back at Alice and saying, "Well, then both of you would be right. I have three children of my own. And my youngest, Vivio, is just a few years older than Blaire seems to be. And my older two, Caro and Erio, are about the same age as her," she gestured with her at Sakura, " None of them are quite like Blaire, although you could say that two of them were born in rather ... Unique circunstances before they came to me ... And well, probably the worst thing is that even more than being taken away from them, I was taken here before I could see them again. I was busy for sometime, doing some off-world investigating," she briefly look at the sky and after fiinding the black speck, she gestured towards it, "We have spotted things like that all over the place, all in different sizes and stages of advancement. To see that here as well, that only makes me worried even more ... " she then adressed everyone as she asked, while keepng gesturing at the speck, "Has anyone else here seen something like that before coming here?"

Wo agreed with her that there was something in the house, apparently being to feel the presence of magic there as well and attempted to lead them into it. However, Alice argued against trying to immediately find the source of their kidnapping and that they should better prepare by knowing each other's capabilities better. "Well, I'm considered to be pretty agile and most of my spells are based on lightning, though I also have more neutral and defensive ones."

It seemed that hooded girl was a summoner like Caro. Or rather, like Lutecia, since the spiders that had suddenly appeared were closer to the latter's insect summons. After the spiders then entered the house, Fate asked the summoner, "Can you receive direct information through those summons?"

Then she turned to Sabitsuki and Sophie, speaking softly, "Yeah, she's right. No one of us here planned any of this, so you don't have to worry about that. For now, let's do our best to find ourselves a way out of this strange situation. I'm Fate, by the way."

Meanwhile, Lumina was still feeling pretty anxious and nervous, what with being suddenly placed in a unfamiliar place and with some many strange around. But for all their sakes, if they were to be able to get back safely to each of their homes, she had to contribute to the efforts somewhat.

The thought of going into The strange house terrified her, so when that was suggested by some and then when it was alternatively suggested that some of them shoud stay behind, she step in slightly closer to everyone else and managed, "T-then, it would be better if I stayed here. I-I can use my magic to mainly heal and protect, so if yoy require any assistance ... "
JamesShields01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami on 11/8/2016, 10:53 pm

Hikaru's Refuge - Hikaru's House

The house was not particularly fancy looking. Its architecture was best described as Victorian. It was white and square-shaped, with a triangular, strongly sloping roof and two floors if the windows' positions were any indication. Its most outstanding feature was its size; it was considerably larger than most houses of its kind, and it likely had the number of rooms to match. The second floor alone likely had at least ten rooms, and likely more. The front of the house had a covered porch with a railing, with some stairs made of the same material as the pathway in the middle. They lead directly up to the front door, which was made of dark brown wood and had an oval window of thick, gem-like glass. Two windows were on the wall right to it, another two windows to its left. In between the two left windows was a porch swing big enough to fit four people.

The spiders would find the windows were closed too tightly for even them to get through, but getting under the front door was a simple enough task. They would find themselves in the entry hall, which was a large, square-shaped room with dark grey carpeting and light blue plaster walls. Some exotic potted plants sat underneath the two windows at the front of it, and various paintings decorated the walls. Of particular note was a portrait of a fairly regal Japanese-looking woman on the back wall. Two hallways on either side of the room lead deeper into the house.

What the spiders would likely notice before anything else was the sixteen-year old girl sitting in the middle of the entry hall. She looked to be Japanese, with straight, shoulder-length black hair worn in a hime cut and brown eyes. She was dressed entirely in white; her outfit consisted of a short, fancy dress with detached sleeves, knee-high stockings, a pair of buckled shoes, and a large bow in her hair. In her right hand she carried a long metal staff with a sunburst on the end of it.

Most interestingly, on the upper right of her chest she wore what appeared to be a brooch of some kind at first glance. It consisted of a shield shape covered with what appeared to be green crystal, surrounded by four crescent shapes with two spikes through them that curved inwards towards the center. Alternating with the crescent shapes were three spokes, one on the top and two more to the bottom left and right. The spiders might not had been able to tell, but upon closer inspection the brooch proved to actually be a strange device of some kind.

The girl seemed to be worn about by something, since she was breathing pretty heavily and sitting down when the room she was in had no chairs. Despite that, it didn't take her long to notice the spiders coming in. At first, she seemed more confused by them than anything. However, it didn't take her long to figure out where they could had come from (besides the obvious). A weary smile crossed her face as she pushed herself to her feet and walked over to a window. She looked out of it for a few seconds, breathed a sigh of relief, and then made her way towards the front door and out. All the while she seemed to be making sure she didn't accidentally squash any of the spiders coming in.

"Well, um.... I wasn't necessarily talking about the kidnapping thing," Sophie started in response to Sabitsuki and Fate, "Uh...I...um...just didn't know if the rest of you had already made groups and were talking about...uh...this, that, and the other thing or not. Since I got here later than the rest of you and all...." She looked down at herself and frowned. "...It really didn't help that I was dragged into a meeting with a bunch of people I don't know while wearing this silly outfit...."

She shook her head and turned back to the other two before flashing another awkward smile. "Never mind. Um...it's nice to meet you." Then she turned to Fate in particular. "That black thing's in our world too. My friend and I were kind of ignoring it, since we didn't know what it was and there didn't seem to be anything we could do about it right then, but it's there...." She glanced up at the speck herself and frowned again. "If it's in your guys's worlds too, then that's really worrying...."

"Attention everyone," said a new voice, loud enough to be heard over the conversations. The voice came from the girl who had up until this point been inside the house, who now was standing a short distance away from the assembled group. "I apologize for your rather sudden departures. If I could, I would have asked you in advance, but sadly I didn't have the means. And the situation I'm in is quite desperate." She then looked over everyone briefly. "At the very least, I thank you for not immediately getting into a fight."

She then made a fancy, sweeping bow. "My name is Hikaru, and I welcome you to my home. I'm sure all of you would like to know where you are and why I brought you here. I can explain everything, but it's a lot of explaining. So instead of standing around out here, why don't you all come into my house where you can have a seat?" She frowned. "Though if you're really that suspicious of me, I suppose you could just stay out here. I really can't blame you, since I basically...just...kidnapped...you...." She shook her head. "...It's your call."
D.L. Yomegami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeisTheAlcano on 12/8/2016, 7:16 pm

Hikaru's Refuge

Wo replied to Raquel's statement with frustration and tried to explain that the reason they were all there was most likely inside the white house and she really wanted to know what was going on. Like she was the only one.

"Me too but you can't go in without knowing what's inside"

Luckily, things didn't get any more heated than that and Wo even looked amazed by the spiders. She sure was a weird girl.

The older blonde girl that introduced herself as Fate to the still nervous Sophie, asked Raquel if she could receive information from her spiders but she called them "constructs". A name that the hooded girl hadn't heard before applied to summoned entities.

"Of course, that's why I sent them there. I can see what they see" at that moment the spiders entered the house by going under the door. The arachnids continued marching inside, inspecting the place "Speaking of, I'm looking at a bunch of paintings right now"

When Sabitsuki, Fate, and Sophie started discussing their kidnapping, Raquel felt a knot in her stomach but she didn't want to acknowledge her own fear. Which was easier said than done, really, since the possible relation between the black spot in the sky and their current situation was also in the back of her mind. She really wanted to believe that going back to Alatoz was on the realm of possibilities and derailed that train of thought.

"Look, we're all going to be home in no time. We just need to relax and focus on how to deal with this. Oh, and my name is Raquel"

Meanwhile, inside the house, the spiders found a girl with fancy clothes sitting on floor. Probably another girl that had been transported here but why inside the house?

"There is another girl inside. I think she's... meditating?" the girl opened her eyes and realized her home had been sort of invaved by a small swarm of spiders, got up, and looked out the window "She's coming here"

The girl walked out of the house, introduced herself to the whole group as Hikaru and made it clear that she was behind their sudden disappearance. She promised to explain everything but still invited the girls to come inside. Knowing that her spiders were already inside the house and that they could protect her if things were to go south, Raquel decided to accept the offer to see how things would turn out.

"Don't worry, I've got this. Play along" she whispered to the others

Playing up her overconfident nature, Raquel ignored the normal questions someone would make in her situation. She wanted to lure her captor into a false sense of confidence.

"Do you have anything to drink?"
DeisTheAlcano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by V_Phantom on 13/8/2016, 2:42 am

Hikaru's Refuge - Outside

During all this time, Aurum had been more silent and introspective than she usually was... Not that this situation was usual in the slightest, but anyone who knew her would have found it odd for her to be so muted. She was so busy trying to think about what could be happening to all these girls and her, that she couldn't concentrate in socializing despite her gregarious nature.

-“Hmmm... I really wish Agatha was here.”, she thought to herself, “She's quite good when it comes to thinking outside of the box. It seems like we were all summoned here by a transposition spell... But the only people we know capable of doing that are the wizards from the kingdom of Ghrel. Why would they do something so fortuitous, specially after signing a peace treaty so recently? That doesn't make any sense...”

Aurum considered so many possibilities to this strange incident... And yet, none of them were even slightly accurate, because all this time she had been thinking in terms of things possible in her world; the probability of this having been caused by something beyond that world wasn't something she even imagined at this point.

Nonetheless, her train of thought was interrupted when a girl dressed in white emerged from the nearby house. When she proceeded to introduce herself as her current host, Aurum took a few steps forward in order to be in front of everybody else, and replied:

-“It's a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Hikaru.”, then she knelt before the mysterious girl while making a bow of her own, “I'm princess Aurum, from the Corona archipelago. I'd be glad to be your guest, and I'm eager to listen to what you have to say.”

V_Phantom
Admin

View user profile http://zero-collapse.foroa.org

Back to top Go down

Post by wikkit on 14/8/2016, 6:20 pm

Raquel, as she named herself, described the situation inside the house.  Not very descriptively, just there being a meditating woman and paintings.  When she said she was moving outside, I readied myself, staff raised.  This girl could be anything in existence, going by the diversity of the people around her, and she there was the chance that she could try and take us all by surprise.

Our kidnapper stepped out the door, and I braced myself...but I halted immediately as I looked at her.  Truly, I expected someone...more menacing, and probably taller.  I tilted my head in confusion, because she looked not threatening in the least.  Just some young girl, dressed in white, all of the magic focused entirely inside of that brooch of hers.  I was entirely prepared to act serious, but the very first thing she did was apologize and that made it hard for me to hate her.  The trust between us wasn't there yet though, so I wasn't ready to lower my guard.  It would be a major change in tactics from what I'm used to, but maybe she was trying to lull us into a false sense of security?

I couldn't do much without any water in sight, so I simply kept the staff between me and her.  Aurum, the Princess, took the bold move of kneeling before her.  Maybe she was powerful enough to think that she could take her on, even at a disadvantage?  Raquel asked for a drink, and I was puzzled briefly...but then I realized, maybe she was playing to my strength!  She could be trying to secure some liquid so I could defend myself, and that was pretty thoughtful of her!  I acted along with her, saying "I'm pretty thirsty too, so some water would be nice of you, Hikaru."

"No, you only came a couple of seconds after us," I said to Sophie, trying to get her to calm down a little.  "I'm not even sure I know everyone's names...so, I don't think we're close to planning yet."  Delinquent Girl introduced herself as Raquel, and after she assured us to be calm it got me thinking.  I think I had to correct what I just said, no matter how inconsequential. "...Well, maybe now I do know names here...err..." I half-mumbled to her, realizing I was flushing a little in the cheeks.

Sophie called attention to the sky, and I looked to see a little speck of dark up there, covering my eyes to block out the sun.  I hadn't seen it in person up until now, since it's been overcast the last couple of times I've gone out to my balcony, but I sure had seen it discussed on the internet.  The news was abuzz with it for a week or so, scientists telling what they thought it was, and a few people thinking it was related to that Nostradamus thing that was supposed to happen in a few years.  But after a while they sort of gave up on it after nobody could decide what it was, and it didn't do anything.  I think some singer was caught in an affair, so that broke up the headlines for a while...

Our kidnapper revealed herself, putting the brakes on that train of thought.  She acted a lot more politely than I expected, so I was a little disarmed.  All of those questions from earlier came back up to the forefront, and I wanted to have them all answered, but I wasn't ready to follow her inside.  I couldn't even ask her properly, because Raquel and Woh butted up and seemed to think that getting refreshments was the more important thing right now.  The expression on my face became confused annoyance, my words became a muffled "Eh...?" because if there was some kind of double meaning to their words, I sure didn't see it at the time.
wikkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami on 14/8/2016, 11:55 pm

Hikaru's Refuge

"Oh," Sophie said simply, blushing even more herself, "Well...um...I guess that solves that problem."

She rubbed the back of her head awkwardly. She looked as if she wanted to say something else, but Hikaru's arrival interrupted her. She turned and looked over the newcomer girl herself. She hardly looked like the mean sort. She dressed nicely, if nothing else, and was acting pretty politely. She even apologized for their sudden departures. So far, she seemed like a nice enough person for being the one who kidnapped them, but maybe it was a little early to be making really conclusive judgments.

When Aurum knelt before her, Hikaru looked awfully surprised, and maybe a little embarrassed.

"You don't need to be that formal around me," she said after a moment's pause, "I really don't deserve that kind of respect. If anything, I should be kneeling before you, since you're a princess." She then made a small, weak smile. "That being said, I appreciate the thought and that you're willing to hear me out. I hope the rest of you are as well."

She turned to the rest of them. "Believe me or don't, but I didn't bring you here to hurt you. I'm not that sort of person. I just need help with something. Though to be fair, it's a really big something. And I probably should have come up with a better recruitment method."

She made a small, self-deprecating chuckle, then turned to Raquel and Wo specifically. "I had quite a few varieties of tea set out for you for when you arrived, though I can do plain water if that's more your preference. Or if you'd like something else entirely, I can probably get it for you as well if you tell me exactly what you want."

It was worth noting she didn't have much of a reaction to the variety of people before her. Not even Wo managed to get her to even bat an eye.
D.L. Yomegami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tea Party

Post by DeisTheAlcano on 15/8/2016, 7:21 pm

Hikaru's Refuge - Outside

The girl called Aurum kneeled before Hikaru and told her she was pleased to meet her. Getting called a fair lady felt nice but now she was being way so polite her kidnapper was telling her to take it down a notch. Unless that was her idea of playing along. Was no one normal around here?

"Can you not do that?"

Hikaru explained that she actually needed the girls' help with something and that she wasn't going to hurt them. It was an interesting excuse but Raquel wasn't going to buy it just yet. Plus, even if it were true, it wasn't her problem and she didn't have to fix it just because someone told her to.

The mention of tea threw her off, though. Even knowing that Hikaru was loaded, the fact that she had so much money that she could spend it on several varieties of tea for her guests really impressed Raquel. She could barely contain her surprise and replied a bit too enthusiastically.

"Tea?... That will do nicely, yes!"

Where Raquel came from, tea was so ridiculously expensive and rare that she hadn't even seen it before with her own eyes. And she had broken into the houses of the richest people in her city, so that was saying something. This was a great opportunity to try it for the first time, and without needing to steal or pay for it. Even when kidnapped, Raquel liked looking on the bright side. Or maybe it was because occupying her thoughts on the tea made the fear of being trapped there not get to her.

Regardless, she wasn't going to keep her guard down and she ordered her spiders to stay in the kitchen. Maybe selling some of the tea back home would be a good idea.
DeisTheAlcano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kkutwar on 16/8/2016, 2:49 pm

Having taken what Sakura & Fate said into consideration, both Alice & Blaire turned their attention to Hikaru- Though only Alice paid attention, Blaire angrily looking away to continue playing with Kero. Her eyes examining Hikaru, trying to figure her out, Alice finally speaks coolly. "Its the nicest people you got to be wary of- Never know when they might pull something, so don't try too hard okay? Wouldn't do you any good looking even more suspicious."

With that said Alice looks back at Blaire, pointing towards her with her left hand before speaking towards Fate. "I'm guessing Caro and Erio were experiments of some kind? Blaire was accidentally created in an attempt to artificially awaken my Gift, which is why she's a bodiless soul- She's actually younger than she looks. Though regarding these black specks..."

Looking up at it, Alice continues speaking. "There was something similar back home, though it seemed to gradually fade over the days- Though the fact its still present here, I'm going to guess the Servants of Humanity merely covered it up so those outside the Masquerade wouldn't try investigating it. Some kind of reality damage right? Still..."

Her attention on Sakura now, an interested look is on Alice's face as she calls out. "Did Clow Reed possess the Gift of Creation then? Certainly no small feat creating multiple complex entities like Kero there- If it isn't too much trouble, could I see one of the others? Though are they really comfortable being locked up? Still, regarding the Fair Folk..."

Stretching out her arms and cracking coming from only her right hand, Alice keeps her arms against her torso before explaining. "They're some of the original Artificial Gifts and their progeny, creatures created before the Age of Magic- However many of them were dismissive of humanity for having no power, and gradually they became arrogant gods. In the end, though, their natural spellcasting ability was forcibly torn out into grimoires that could only be activated by murder- They're very angry about it and tend to hold twisted tournaments like the Demon Feathers to once again exert their dominance."
Kkutwar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesShields01 on 16/8/2016, 10:23 pm

After listening to Alice, Sakura looked a bit hesitant as she said, "Um ... Maybe later, after we sort out what is going here. That's of course assuming we can't manage to get ourselves back to our homes after that, but it shouldn't be an issue then if not. And well, as far as I know, the Cards need the support of a master's magic to exist properly and last time they ended up all loose didn't end up well ... And they all seem to trust me at least. Kero can explain about Clow better than I would though."

Having heard the discussion, while still in the middle of having Blaire playing with him, Kero chimed in, "Well, I don't know exactly what this Gift of Creation works where you come from, but I can tell you that Clow possesssed great magical power. He did what once seemed impossible and joined western and eastern magic in other to create the Cards, as well as me and their other Guardian."

After Alice explained about the Fair Folk, Sakura had a dismayed look, clearly sorry that she had asked, then saying, " ... I-I see. That all seems just awful ... "

After Hikaru came out, seeming genuinely nice and sorry about having to bring them here and asking for their help something, with some of the others promptly agreeing to at least hear her out, Sakura was inclined to do likewise.

However, Alice and Blaire didn't seem to be as trusting and with Blaire currently happily playing with Kero, she felt that she couldn't go without them.

She looked thoughful for a moment before saying, "Maybe we should at least hear her out? She doesn't seem dangerous and well, I hope it doesn't come to that , I don't really like fighting with anyone, but we could probably defend ourselves even something were to happen. Plus if she really needs that much help with something that she had to do this, can we really refuse it?"

Lumina listened quietly but attentively to Hikaru as well as the others. Whatever was the situation their host of sorts found herself in, it must be really desperate and worrying if she had to something like this to obtain help.

And as usual, despite what consequences may come from it, she found herself compelled to give her aid, practically unable to refuse it. And deep down, she felt may be this would prove to something worthwhile for her accomplish. Something to prove to herself and others that she was not as weak and useless as she had been in her original home.

And so it was with small, nervous smile that she managed to say,
"S-Sure, I would be willing to hear what your problem ... A-And I don't know if I-I would be really of that much help, b-but ... I-I will do what I c-can ... I-I'm Lumina. It's nice to meet y-you ... A-And that would be nice, t-thank you."

Fate had a surprised look at first as Alice spoke, but her features soon softened as she spoke. "Well, then your guess would be mostly correct. Although Caro was born under pretty usual circunstances, at least as far as I know. Erio and Vivio though ... You could say that came from experiments of sorts ... As did I, for that matter. Though if you don't mind me asking? what is a Gift? Is it your magic? And from what I gather, it is seemingly tied to your soul?"

She looked thoughful for a moment, before adding, "So magic is not common or common knowlege where you come from? Back home, at least on administrated worlds, pretty much everyone is a mage, so there's no need to hide such things. We only need to use thngs like Barriers to conceal our presence on other worlds where it's not as common. But anyway ... We have spotted those tears across countlesx worlds and as far we can tell, they are certainly causing damage, dimensional distortions as we call it. So they are appearing on even more worlds ... That's indeed very concerning."

After Hikaru appeared, Fate carefully heard her out as well as the responses to her. Much as she did not appreciate the method use to her and the other girls here nor the moment it had happened in, it sound likely the girl was in genuine trouble. And maybe if they sorted out that quickly, they would be all back to their homes and families soon enough.

She still staying somewhat catious and helping Bardiche at an easy reach, she stepped slightly closer towards Hikaru and said, "I would be willing to hear out what the situation as well. It must be quite troubling if you had to go this far to attempt to solve it."
JamesShields01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wikkit on 17/8/2016, 1:20 pm

I shot a glance that I can't really call "dirty", but it certainly did feel like I looked a little consternated. I...did honestly expect something more from Raquel, there. Either she really didn't have anything more in mind than a drink, or maybe she really liked tea for some reason. In any case, I was a little bit deflated from that. It wasn't really a sense of "defeat" per se, but maybe everyone here was just a little too trusting of her for my tastes.

"Y-Yes, I think that drink would be nice about now," I said, a little more morosely. Right then, I had no idea on how to deal with a situation like this. Everything up to that point that I had fought was either mindless or too angry to talk, so if this Hikaru was an enemy, I was at a loss on how to get past her kind, very polite demeanor.

I started walking up to Hikaru's side, before I stopped mid-stride, the heel of my boot sticking into the earth. Alice had just said something that I really, really, really needed to get some clarification on, so for just a few seconds while she explained what was going on in her own district (and going by how completely disparate it sounded from anything I had ever heard of, maybe someplace different than Earth...) I stood there, completely still. The second an opening arose, I turned to her and asked, "...What do you mean by, 'Servants of Humanity', Alice?"

From Woh's expression, I think both of us weren't enjoying the thought of having tea with someone who just kidnapped us, unlike Raquel. Now I was left with a decision: Do I go to a tea party with someone who not only kidnapped me, but with complete strangers in some place that isn't my apartment?

I was worried that I wouldn't have a choice in the matter, because if someone can take us from our homes in just seconds like that, I'm sure she could force us to do whatever she wanted. She wanted help with something, and I think that she'll get that help whether or not we agree with that. There was an idea in my head, though. I could try to fix this my own way. All I had to do was bring out the handgun, point it at her and demand I be sent home...

No, that idea was terrible. I was already thinking that she must be all powerful, why would she be scared of a gun? I put my head into my hands and groaned, because these kinds of terrible and stupid ideas always seem to get worse when I get stressed like this.

I thought that my original estimation was the correct one: the more painless way would be to listen to what she has to say. I wasn't going to follow her inside just yet, because if everyone else would, I wanted to be the last one in...because I didn't want to get stuck in between all of these people.
wikkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top